Echo Dot Emerged As Top-Selling Product In Amazon’s Sales For Thanksgiving, Black Friday, Cyber Monday
Amazon has disclosed the names of the top selling products in the weekend sales like Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Cyber Monday.
This time around, Amazon's entry-level voice-enabled smart speaker, the Echo Dot has made the most of the sales as Amazon slashed its pricing from $50 to $30. The move turned out to be right on the point as Echo Dot emerged as Amazon's top-selling product. In a press release, Amazon states that the Echo Dot is the top-selling product from “any manufacturer in any category.”
Other than the Echo Dot, Amazon's Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote were also among the best-selling products. It's worth noting that back in July, on the third annual Prime Day fire sale Amazon witnessed a similar rise in sales as it slashed the pricing of several products.
Amazon has not revealed the numbers but mentions that it sold “millions of Alexa devices” and that consumers bought “2.7 times” as many Fire TV Sticks contrasted to last year. Another information reveals that the Echo Dot was also the top-selling device at Amazon-owned Whole Foods Market, this weekend.
Here are the highlights that Amazon mentioned in the press release:
- Echo Dot and Amazon Fire TV Stick with Alexa Voice Remote were not only the best-selling Amazon devices, but they were the best-selling products from any manufacturer in any category across all of Amazon.com.
- Customers purchased 2.7x as many Fire TV Sticks as in the same period last year. Fire TV continues to be the #1 streaming media player family in the U.S., U.K., Germany, and Japan, across all retailers.
- Kindle celebrated its 10th anniversary with the best holiday shopping weekend ever for Kindle Paperwhite in the U.S. and globally.
- Fire Kids Edition continues to be the #1 kids tablet in the U.S., across all retailers.
- Customer reaction to Echo Spot was incredibly positive and it is sold out for this holiday season; customers can still pre-order to reserve their place in line and orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis in the new year.
- Echo Dot was the best-selling device at Whole Foods Market over the holiday weekend.
Amazon's Echo Dot speaker has a fierce competition in the form of Google Home Mini speaker priced at $50. Now by dropping the prices of Echo Dot, Amazon is playing openly and wants to take advantage of the sale season as much as it can. All the while, Google is also not far behind, it also slashed the pricing of its Google Home Mini to $29.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter