Download watchOS 5 Beta – How to Install Right Now on Apple Watch
Developers can now download watchOS 5 Beta on their Apple Watch right now. Here's how you can do it.
New Features are Finally Here - Download watchOS 5 Beta Today if You are a Developer
Apple took some time to announce a bunch of new features for Apple Watch users with the reveal of watchOS 5. While the full and final version of the software won't be available before the end of the year, developers can go ahead and download watchOS 5 Beta right now on their Apple Watch. Keep in mind that like the rest of the beta software released by Apple, this one's going to be buggy and requires a working Developer Program membership with Apple.
Before you go ahead and install the beta, please read the article posted here: Can I Downgrade watchOS 5 Beta to watchOS 4? In short, you can't at home.
If you completely understand what you are getting yourself in to, follow the steps outlined below:
- Install iOS 12 Beta on your iPhone first. Check out the post here for more details: Download iOS 12 Beta for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch.
- Once iOS 12 Beta is installed, open the Apple Developer Program website by tapping on this link using mobile Safari on your iPhone.
- Sign in using your account.
- Head over to the Downloads section.
- Under Featured Downloads, find watchOS 5 Beta and tap on Download next to it.
- You'll be asked to install a Configuration Profile, please do so.
- Once that is out of the way, on your iPhone navigate to Watch > General > Software Update.
- Tap on Download and Install once the update becomes available to you.
Remember, the entire installation process will take quite a while therefore exercise a lot of patience. Also, leave your iPhone plugged into a power source during the entire process so that everything goes through as smoothly as possible. As soon as the installation is complete, you'll be informed with an audible notification on your Apple Watch.
If there's one beta I highly recommend avoiding, it's watchOS. While it's fun to take new software for a spin, but there's no way you can downgrade watchOS 5 Beta to the current public release at home. If it's extremely urgent, then your only option is by taking your Apple Watch to Apple itself. Even they won't restore your device immediately. They will take a few days and send the Watch back to you once everything is complete.
Be very, very considerate before you jump into watchOS 5 Beta.