DOOM Eternal Update 2.1 Introduces BATTLEMODE Improvements And Plenty of Fixes
A new update is now live for DOOM Eternal, introducing some BATTLEMODE improvements as well as a lot of fixes.
Among the BATTLEMODE improvements is the return of the Weapon Quick Switch, the ability for the Mancubus to shoot after starting a double jump, networking latency improvements, and more.
New Game Improvements
- Weapon Quick Switch has been enabled again in both Campaign and BATTLEMODE (Thanks again for all of your passionate community feedback!)
- Made further improvements to networking latency in BATTLEMODE
- Added the ability for the Mancubus to shoot after starting a double jump in BATTLEMODE
- Maykr Drones have been added back in to some loadouts in BATTLEMODE bonus loot drops have been removed from headshots against the Maykr Drone in BATTLEMODE
New BATTLEMODE Balance Updates
- Reduced The Slayer’s Precision Bolt damage in BATTLEMODE against player demons from 400 damage to 300 damage
- Reduced The Slayer’s starting bullet ammo in BATTLEMODE from 84 bullets to 72 bullets
The DOOM Eternal 2.1 update, as already mentioned, introduces a ton of fixes, including fixes for the main campaign.
- Fixed an issue with the Gladiator failing to drop health while staggered
- Fixed an issue with the Khan Maykr failing to drop health when Blood Punched
- Also fixed a rare issue where AI became invulnerable after a failed Glory Kill
- Fixed issues with the Cacodemon not responding appropriately to Meathook or Blood Punch attacks while choking on a grenade
- Fixed an issue with Zombies ragdolling incorrectly when killed
- Also fixed Baron of Hell leg animations displaying incorrectly in certain circumstances
- Fixed a graphics issue with the gibs that display when Glory Killing the Archvile from the front
- Fixed an issue in Extra Life Mode that caused extra lives to be removed during the Revenant gameplay sequence in Cultist Base
- Also fixed an issue causing notifications for rewards to display repeatedly
- Fixed an issue where challenges would display on screen for an extended period if another challenge was completed while being displayed
Plenty of BATTLEMODE fixes are also included in the new DOOM Eternal update.
- Fixed a crash in BATTLEMODE when backing out of a private match
- Fixed a crash in BATTLEMODE on the Round Upgrade menu
- Also fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where selecting a demon simultaneously would display podiums incorrectly
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where the Marauder’s wolf didn’t always deal damage and explode when attacking The Slayer
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE with the Damage Report displaying incorrect damage numbers
- Also fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would cause health/ammo loot visuals to persist when Loot Block was used while the slayer was chainsawing AI
- Fixed several descriptions for BATTLEMODE Round Upgrades to more accurately reflect current functionality
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where level progress would sometimes display incorrectly to other players in the lobby
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE that would cause the title to crash when loading into a match with HDR enabled on some graphics cards
- Also fixed a rare crash when the Archvile teleported while the BFG was equipped in BATTLEMODE
- Fixed an issue in BATTLEMODE where enemy hit sound effects would revert to default after installing a new game patch
DOOM Eternal is now available on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One worldwide. The game is now available for a reduced price on all formats, so there's no better time than now to get into the game.