How to Delete or Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account – Guide
Here’s how you can delete your Instagram account in a few easy steps. We will also show you how to temporarily disable your account.
Delete or Temporarily Disable Your Instagram Account
Pretty much everyone has an Instagram account these days. Even if you don’t, someone will eventually convince you to create one. It’s a fun place nonetheless, for discovering great photos and sharing them with the world what you’ve taken using your smartphone’s camera. But at the same time, the noise can become unbearable for a lot of users out there.
When the boiling point is reached or you think you might’ve done something wrong (trust me, we all have) then you might want to consider temporarily disabling your Instagram account delete it altogether. We’ll show you how you can do both.
Temporary Disable Instagram Account
When you temporarily disable your account, nothing will be deleted. All your photos, likes, comments, pretty much anything there is, will remain hidden, until the point you reactivate your account. With that out of the way, here’s what you should do.
1. Go to the Instagram website (Instagram.com) and log in using your username and password.
2. Once you’re in, click on the ‘profile‘ icon at the top right hand corner.
3. Click on the ‘Edit Profile‘ button next to your username.
4. At the bottom right you should see an option called ‘Temporarily disable my account.’
5. Simply follow the on-screen prompts and you’ll be done in no time.
If you want to reactivate your account, simply sign in using your username and password. It’s that simple.
Delete Instagram Account
If you want to delete your account for good – including your photos, likes, comments and whatnot – then follow the steps outlined below. You cannot undo this at all, therefore we recommend taking the temporarily disable route mentioned above if you’re looking to go off the grid for a small while.
1. Using your Web browser, head over to this link.
2. Sign in using your Instagram account.
3. From the list of available options select why you want to delete your account.
4. Once you’ve made your choice, click on the ‘Permanently delete my account‘ option.
We can’t emphasize enough on the fact that you cannot undo what you just did. Therefore please, consider the temporary deactivation route before going ahead with the delete option.
We will be back with more tutorials such as the one above, so stay tuned for our coverage. Meanwhile, do let us know why you deleted or temporarily disabled your Instagram account in the comments section below.
Check out the following link before heading off: