C-RoM Android 4.4.2 Kitkat for Google Nexus 5
Today we have C-RoM for your Google Nexus 5. In this article we are going to tell you how to flash C-Rom Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Google Nexus.
C-Rom Android 4.4.2 Kitkat is based on AOSP and it is a combination of different modes like CyanogenMod, SlimRomsMOD and etc. It is smooth and stable ROM which give new life to your Google Nexus 5.
In this version of the developer added some new features and fixed some previous bugs, some of these are given below
- Framework: Notify User Interaction on Unlock
- Disable navigation bar camera button if widget carousel is enabled
- Frameworks/base: Fix the random UI corruption On-The-Go mode
- JFLTE: Added Device Settings Back
- Fix LTE tile
- SystemUI: Pimp-up Media Tile
- Settings: Fix Quiet Hours Tile long press action
- Keyguard disable challenge drags down on screen
- Another minor speed tweak
- SlimPie: turn on HA on highEndGfx devices
- Frameworks/base: forward port DC-HSPAP support
- Add Haptic Feedback to quicktiles
- Gesture Lockscreen.
Disclaimer: This guide will be using ‘CWM recovery’ as a tool to flash the official firmware on your Google Nexus 5. During the process, you might lose all your existing installed apps and personal settings. It is therefore necessary for you to follow the guide carefully. Also, please, do mind that this tutorial is only for C-Rom Android 4.4.2 Kitkat for Google Nexus 5. Don’t try this guide in any other Android device.
Prerequisites to Flash C-Rom Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Google Nexus 5:
- Download and install USB drivers for Google Nexus 5
- Enable USB debugging mode from developer menu.
- You should have a custom recovery tool like TWRP or CWM installed on your device
- Backup any important data before going forward for the tutorial.
- Ensure that your Google Nexus 5 carries more than 70% of charge.
More ROMs for Google Nexus 5
- Custom SOKP Android 4.4.2 ROM for Google Nexus 5
- Flash Chameleon ROM on LG Nexus 5 – Unofficial
- Install AICP Android 4.4.2 Kitkat ROM on LG Nexus 5
How to Flash X-Note ROM on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005
- First step is to reboot your phone into Recovery mode, by pressing and holding down the Volume Up button, alongside Home and the Power button, until the screen flashes, release the three buttons then. After a few seconds of that, the phone will enter recovery mode
- Once in the recovery mode, take a Nandroid backup of your existing ROM. This is necessary, to enable you to recover your current ROM install, just in case the new ROM does not perform according to your liking. In order to perform a backup, select Backup and Restore, then on the next screen, select Backup again. Go back to main recovery menu after backup is complete
- Once done, select wipe data/factory reset, select ‘Yes’ on the next screen to confirm your action. Wait for a few minutes until the phone wipes your data. Once complete, go back to CWM recovery menu and Wipe Cache Partition and then Wipe Dalvik Cache.
- Select install zip from sdcard, then select choose a zip from SD card. That you copied earlier and select it by pressing the Power button. Confirm installation by selecting Yes. Install the said zip file on the next screen. The ROM installation will begin.
- Once, the phone finishes installing the ROM, you need to re-do step 7, but choose Gapps .zip file instead of ROM zip to install the Google apps package.
- When GApps get installed, go back to the main recovery menu and select reboot system now to reboot the phone.
- That’s it.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter