Change DNS Server on iPhone and iPad – iOS Tips
If you are looking for a guide to help you change the default DNS server on your iOS devices, this post is here to help you. Changing default DNS server is almost a necessity that may arise every now and then especially if you are facing slow browsing on your connection. Using a different DNS server than what your ISP is using by default can sometimes improve your browsing experience. For this or any other reason that you may have, here is how to change DNS server on iPhone or iPad along with the suggested DNS severs that you can use for performance, speed, security, and reliability.
How to change DNS server on iPhone / iPad:
Here are the few quick steps to guide you to change DNS server on iPhone or your iPad:
- Go to the Settings app on your iOS device and tap on the Wi Fi menu.
- From the list of available networks, tap on the info round button of your network.
- Once in, scroll down to the DNS and tap on the digits.
- Tapping on the numbers will make those editable where you can now enter a new DNS server address.
- If you are unsure about which DNS server you should use, you can go for a Google DNS (which is both fast and promises performance), OpenDNS (which is also secure and reliable) or use the Namebench tool to find yourself a suitable DNS server address.
- Google DNS address: 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168
- OpenDNS: 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199
- To go back to the menu, tap on Wi Fi and ta da!
- Relevant iOS guides and tips:
- Fix “Wi-Fi Not Available” Error on iPhone or iPad – iOS Tips and Tricks
- How to AirPlay Music to Unsupported Bluetooth Wireless Speakers
- How to Record Time-Lapse Videos with iPhone
- How to Restore iPhone or iPad – iOS Tips
- Experiencing Poor Battery Life after iOS 7.1? These Few Simple Tips will Help You
- Setup Handoff on OS X Yosemite and iOS 8 – How to
- Create a New Test Partition in Mac for OS X Yosemite – How to
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter