Broomstick League Lets You Live Some of Those Harry Potter ‘Quidditch’ Fantasies
Broomstick League is exactly what it sounds like: a fantasy sports game where teams of wizards face off against each other to dominate the virtual arenas with their flying broomsticks.
Clearly inspired by Harry Potter's Quidditch, it's in development at Virtual Basement LLC (Citadel: Forged with Fire, Outlaws of the Old West). You may have heard Broomstick League before; if so, that's because it was once a mode available in Citadel: Forged with Fire. It was later removed and probably reworked on until it became its own thing. By the way, Citadel has recently been confirmed to launch on November 1st on PC (out of Steam Early Access), PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
As for Broomstick League, the game will be playable publically for the first time at this weekend's TwitchCon in San Diego, California. It's currently set to launch on Steam Early Access in Q1 2020.
Broomstick League is all about winning, with the added variety and excitement of aerial competition via broomsticks and targeted spell casting. Use the blink spell to teleport into position and the blast spell to knock the ball out of your opponent’s hands. Well timed casting can make the difference between a buzzer beating goal or a soul crushing defeat.
Broomstick League Gameplay Key Features:
- Fast Paced Matches: Play 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 or 4v4 with friends or matchmake online with opponents from around the world. Form magical teams to see who will dominate the flying arena!
- Reflexive and Fantastical Gameplay: Pick up speed while dive bombing to fly past a defender. Cast a spell on your opponent to blast the ball away or use the blink spell and teleport to a more favorable position. Surprise your enemies and gain the advantage!
- Character Customization: Personalize the look of your witch or wizard with a deep pool of creative options. Unlock new broomsticks, wands, and perform a variety of taunts and dance moves to rattle your opponents in the arena!
- Mystical Arenas: Experience high flying sports action within fantastical arenas brimming with magic! Battle it out with giant trolls lurking in the background or score impressive goals while floating on the back of massive flying creatures.
- Player Progression and Stats: Track your progress with leaderboards, stat tracking and player levelling system to prove you are the most spellbinding broomstick pilot in the land!
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter