Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Finally Arrives Today, New Launch Trailer Released
Yes, you read that title correctly! Koji Igarashi’s much-anticipated, and long-delayed, Castlevania successor Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is out now. As in, you can actually download and play the game right this second! No kidding! A new Bloodstained launch trailer has also been released, which shows off the game’s character customization, an interesting retro-themed stage, and a surprise guest playable character. I won’t spoil it, but it’s a perfect fit – check out the trailer below.
Bloodstained’s 2015 Kickstarter campaign was one of the most successful of all time, raising over 5.5 million from fans eager for more Castlevania. The game was originally slated to be released in the first half of 2017, but has suffered numerous development setbacks and delays. Thankfully, in late 2018 Igarashi added experienced 2D platformer makers WayForward Technologies to the Bloodstained development team, which finally got the game on track. Here’s a quick rundown of Bloodstained’s features:
- Igavania Lives On – Koji Igarashi, one of the renowned godfathers of the genre, is creating a new, modern side scrolling action RPG experience that will satisfy longtime fans of his previous work.
- Vast and Deep Gameplay – Unlock spells and powers; find, craft and upgrade several types of weapons and special items to change Miriam’s appearance; and mix and match gear and abilities to find your playstyle.
- High-Fidelity 2.5D Graphics – Everything in Bloodstained is rendered in loving 3D detail on a 2D side scrolling environment that changes and evolves as you play.
- Orchestral Music By Industry Legends – With music by Michiru Yamane (Castlevania: Symphony of the Night) and Ippo Yamada (Resident Evil), respectively, Bloodstained’s music is an unforgettable experience.
- Iga’s Biggest Castle – Bloodstained’s game world map is the biggest of Koji Igarashi’s entire career, giving fans of his distinct style more to explore and enjoy.
- Multiple Characters To Choose From – Aside from the enigmatic Miriam there are secret playable characters awaiting discovery.
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is available now on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. It launches on Nintendo Switch next week (June 25).
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter