Bloodborne Studio ‘JAPAN Studio’ Establishes New External Development Department, Sony Interactive Entertainment Announces
Sony Interactive Entertainment (SIE) has announced that its oldest PlayStation first-party studio, JAPAN Studio, has established a new external development department.
SIE announced the formation of the new development department alongside various personnel and organizational changes to kick off its new fiscal year, which will run through March 31,2021.
Additional details about JAPAN Studio’s new department haven’t been shared at this point. We’ve included the organizational changes as announced by SIE down below:
Change of organization (as of April 1, 2020)
<Worldwide Studio JAPAN Studio>
- New External Development Department
- Rename Product Development Department to Internal Development Department
- Rename Studio Operations Department to Finance & Administration Department
- Rename Creative Product Service Department to Creative Service Department
- Product Technology Department abolished
- Abolish the Business Development Department
Sony JAPAN Studio has been responsible for various major PlayStation 4 titles, starting off with 2013’s Knack. Developed with Souls developer FromSoftware, JAPAN Studio is also responsible for 2015’s Bloodborne. Sony’s first-party studio also worked on The Tomorrow Children, The Last Guardian (with genDESIGN), Shadow of the Colossus (with Bluepoint), Everybody’s Golf and 2018’s Knack II.