[Updated: Confirmed] Bioshock The Collection Leaks On Official 2K Website; Screenshots & Art Included
[UPDATE] Today 2K has officially announced Bioshock The Collection for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. The collection of remasters is scheduled for a release on September 13, and will include Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Bioshock: Infinite. All of the single-player DLC will be included in the collection. The Bioshock collection will be sold for
$ 59.99, but it's important to note that Bioshock Infinite won't be remastered for PC "because it already meets current-gen console standards". Furthermore, the Collection won't include the Bioshock 2 multiplayer.
It’s been nine years since Irrational Games and 2K took you on a terrifying journey to the depths of the underwater city of Rapture withBioShock. Five years since you returned to Rapture in BioShock 2. Three years since you grabbed a skyhook and sailed across the floating city of Columbia in BioShock Infinite. And on September 13, 2016 (September 15 in Australia and September 16 internationally), you can relive these award-winning adventures or experience them for the very first time remastered for current-gen consoles and digital PC withBioShock: The Collection.
Countless fans have asked for this since the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One arrived – and we listened! Working with Blind Squirrel Games, we’ve remastered BioShock, BioShock 2, and BioShock Infinite for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC making them look better than ever*.BioShock: The Collection brings the three titles together for the first time, complete with all single-player DLC** and a never-before-seen video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” which includes insights from Ken Levine – over $100 of content – for only $59.99. It’s a circus of values!
If you’ve never experienced the series before, now is the time to play it and see for yourself why the award-winning BioShock franchise has topped countless “Best-Of” lists and garnered more than 125 awards including two BAFTA honors, as well as many Best of E3, Best of Gamescom, and Game of the Year accolades from respected outlets such as IGN, GameSpot, Game Informer, and many more. The weapons, plasmids, levels, and character models that shocked you years ago have been reskinned and retextured to look better than ever. On top of that, all single-player DLC created for all three games comes loaded in one package. The bundled content for BioShock: The Collection includes:
- The video series, “Director’s Commentary: Imagining BioShock,” featuring Ken Levine, creative director on BioShock and BioShock Infinite and Shawn Robertson, animation lead on BioShock and animation director on BioShock Infinite.
- Museum of Orphaned Concepts: Walk through a Rapture-inspired virtual museum that gives you a behind-the-scenes look at discarded concepts that never made it into the original game.
- Challenge Rooms: Outside the story of BioShock, tackle puzzles, splicers and Big Daddies. And achievements, of course.
BioShock 2 (**Multiplayer will not be included)
- Minerva’s Den: A self-contained BioShock story, presenting a side of Rapture you've never seen before. Use expanded combat abilities with the experimental Ion Laser and chaotic Gravity Well Plasmid, unique to Minerva's Den, as you face off against the Lancer Big Daddy.
- Protector Trials: Take control of an Alpha Series Big Daddy woken out of hibernation just before the events of BioShock 2.
- Burial at Sea - Episode 1 & 2 Add-On Packs: This major two-part DLC pack completes the BioShock trilogy by taking the series back to where it all began. Return to Rapture just before the events of the original BioShock!
- Clash in the Clouds Add-On Pack: Face 60 waves of challenges across four additional maps for leaderboard glory and unlock areas to explore in The Columbian Archaeological Society hub museum.
- Columbia's Finest Pack: Combines the contents of the Industrial Revolution Pack and the Upgrade Pack and includes 500 Silver Eagles, five Lock Picks, six unique Gear items, and two weapon upgrades: Comstock’s China Broom Shotgun and Comstock’s Eagle Eye Sniper Rifle.
[ORIGINAL STORY] A remastered Bioshock collection has yet to be confirmed, but publisher 2K Games already uploaded screenshots and art for the collection to their website. The publisher also created a page for the collection, titled Bioshock The Collection, but the page was pulled by 2K afterwards.
Judging from the screenshots, we’re looking at remastered editions of the original Bioshock, Bioshock 2, and Bioshock Infinite.
Bioshock The Collection leaked on several occasions
As said, 2K Games has yet to officially announce the remastered collection, although the collection was leaked on several occasions over the past year.
Chances are high that 2K will be announcing Bioshock The Collection pretty shortly as the official Bioshock Twitter account also started teasing Bioshock yesterday.
— BioShock (@bioshock) June 29, 2016
This tweet was later retweeted by 2K as well. As always, we will keep you updated.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter