Be quiet!, a reputable cooling and case brand, announced the Dark Rock Slim, a compact high-end CPU cooler that offers a great clearance that works with almost any stick of RAM. The supported TDP is up to 180 watts which offer enough headroom for silently cooling any mainstream processor. Dark Rock Slim is part of the Dark Rock 4 cooler family and works with all current Intel and AMD sockets.
Dark Rock Slim - Performance Features
Dark Rock Slim's cooling fins and heat pipes use a specially enhanced ceramic black coating that improves the cooler's heat conduction. The ceramic black coating looks very clean and very good in an all black build. Personally, this would go well with an all black build in the Define S2 Vision all black case.
Be Quiet Dark Rock Slim Features:
- Compact construction does not block memory slots
- Virtually inaudible Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM fan
- Achieves only 23.6dB(A) at maximum fan speed
- Four high-performance copper heat pipes
- Airflow-optimized, wave-contoured cooling fins
- Special black coating with ceramic particles enables perfect heat transfer
- Supports an additional 120mm fan; fan clips are included
- Easily installable black installation kit can be mounted from above
- Brushed aluminum top cover with a diamond cut finish
The heat transfers efficiently from base to heat sink through four high-performance copper heat pipes. Small dots on the fin surface increase the total cooling area, while a wave-contoured shape contributes to great air flow. All though a minute design feature, it increases the cooling area which results in lower temps.
The intake fan is be quiet!'s own Silent Wings 3 120mm PWM which is a high performance and silent fan. Be Quiet prides themselves on making silent, but performing cases and fans. This fan is no exception. All of these features allow the cooler to get maximum performance at only 23.6 dB(a) while maintaining any mainstream processor at optimal temperatures.
The cooler will be available May 14th, 2019, it will be available for purchase at 59 U.S. dollars.