The Bard’s Tale IV – Unreal Engine 4 RPG Launches Kickstarter Campaign
inXile Entertainment is proud to announce an unprecedented crowdfunding offer: anyone who backs The Bard’s Tale IV on Kickstarter in the first 24 hours of the campaign will receive a FREE copy of inXile’s Wasteland 2, or CD Projekt Red’s The Witcher, or The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings. (until 6/3 at 6am, PST)
From the creators of Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera comes The Bard’s Tale IV. Thirty years ago, The Bard’s Tale put Brian Fargo and Interplay on the map and launched a storied career crafting some of the most beloved cRPGs in gaming history.
What is The Bard’s Tale?
- A single-player, party-based dungeon crawl, rich in exploration and combat
- Dungeons filled not just with dangerous fights but with challenging puzzles and devious riddles
- Dynamic phase-based combat, where the pace of battle is animated and fluid, but still gives you time to think and respond to your enemies
- A game set to beautiful Gaelic music, where the Bard’s songs and melodies affect gameplay
- Co-funded by fans and inXile: if this game hits its $1.25 million goal, inXile will put in at least $1.25 million of its own money to double the initial budget!
- Built using Unreal Engine 4, for PC, Mac and Linux. Available from Steam or DRM-Free from GOG.com
- Available in English, French, German, Russian, Spanish, and Polish
- Built for and with the help of our fans. Your feedback and input directly impact the design and features of the game during alpha and beta stages
Tim Sweeney, Founder and CEO of Epic Games states:
“I’ve been a fan of The Bard’s Tale since the original Apple II game in 1985 where it delivered one of the industry’s first 3D experiences. So, it is enormously exciting to see a beautiful Unreal Engine 4 rendition of Bard’s Tale IV coming to computers that are roughly a million times faster!”
Rob Pardo, Lead Designer of World of Warcraft explains:
“Bard’s Tale 3 is one of my all-time favorite games. I played it for endless hours and can’t wait to finally see the sequel. With the success of reviving the Wasteland franchise, I have high expectations from InXile!”
Craft your party, your way.
The Bard’s Tale IV allows you to develop, progress and grow a party of adventurers as you see fit. Build a combat-hardened warrior to lead the way, or a spell-flinging Conjurer to provide support from the back lines. A character’s class provides the basic archetype, but as you progress you will tweak and evolve your party to suit your play style.
We will bring you any new information on The Bard’s Tale IV a soon as it becomes available.
Other notable Unreal Engine 4 projects include the gorgeous Absention, a new survival horror title inspired by true survival horror greats such as Resident Evil, Eternal Darkness and Silent Hill so fans can expect a mixture of mental challenge, intense gameplay, and immersive environments.
Ad Infinitum is a first-person survival horror adventure set in a surreal world during WWI. It is built on the Unreal Engine 4 and is currently under development for the PC.
Downward is a beautiful first person parkour based, scenery open-world adventure set during the Middle Ages, after that the events depicted in the Book of Revelation of St. John took their course. ARK: Survival Evolved, is a multiplayer first person survival game coming to Early Access in June 2015, with the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One versions planned for 2016.
A talented French artist, known as Koola, has delivered hyper realistic real-time architectural visualizations using Unreal Engine 4.
Taking advantage of both the power and accessibility of UE4, the results of his work have wowed colleagues and has garnered attention from the international press and the Unreal team at Epic. Earlier this year Koola became the very first recipient of the inaugural Unreal Dev Grants program, a financial development fund designed to incentivize and reward innovative projects designed in Unreal Engine 4.
We will bring you any new information on Unreal Engine 4 projects as soon as it becomes available