How to Backup Apple Watch and Restore Settings – Apple Watch Tips
Backup is considered an essential process to keep your data secure even when it may be lost on its original device. As with every other latest gadget, Apple Watch too has an easy process to create a backup of your data and restore your Watch at a later time. With Watch, it becomes even more important to have a backup of your settings as you wouldn't want to set everything up again including somewhat more important fitness data.
How to backup Apple Watch:
When you unpair your Apple Watch from your iPhone, backup is automatically created. In this process, all the data is erased natively on Watch while iPhone retains the copy. This helps the Watch restore later, when paired again. This backup contains system settings, network details, sound and haptic settings, time zone, mail and apps settings, health and fitness data, language, and much more.
Here's how to unpair Apple Watch from iPhone:
- Make sure that your iPhone is near your Watch as backup will not be created if you unpair Watch while iPhone is not in range.
- On your iPhone: launch Watch app.
- Tap My Watch > Apple Watch > Unpair Apple Watch.
- Tap on Unpair Apple Watch again to confirm the process.
When the process starts, everything is deleted on the Watch and a backup is created on the iPhone. Once the unpairing process gets completed successfully, you will see a Start Pairing message on your Watch.
Now we have seen how to backup Apple Watch. But how to restore the Watch? Here is how.
Restore Apple Watch:
- On your iPhone, open the Apple Watch app.
- Tap on Start Pairing.
- Align the Watch display to iPhone's camera and pair the two.
- You will be asked to restore backup Apple Watch data and settings.
- Confirm and select the option to restore all the settings.