Apple Kicks Off iPhone 13 ‘California Streaming’ Event – Catch the Live Updates Here
Apple has just kicked off its iPhone 13 event - California Streaming. Looking to catch some text-based updates? Join in with us!
Apple to Announce iPhone 13 Lineup at its California Streaming Event, Catch the Live Updates Here as Things Unfold
OK, so not just text. If you don't want to catch my babble about the event, you can just watch the video of the whole thing below. Make sure you refresh the page if you want to read the live text updates instead.
And just like that, Apple has kicked off the event and we're super excited to see what they will announce.
- We're obviously going to start with some music. Calm and serene music.
- The Apple logo is totally zooming in and out.
- That's some seriously good music.
- Tim Cook is on stage!
- Apple is super hyped up about California.
- Apple is starting with Apple TV+. Expect a few trailers and stuff. Hardware obviously later.
- It's pretty wild how quickly Apple has invaded our living rooms with high quality TV shows and movies. And they have more for everyone to look forward to this fall.
- New hardware. iPad!
- iPadOS has one million apps. 40% growth this past year.
- All new iPad. It looks.. the same. But wait, it has to be brand new underneath.
- A13 Bionic upgrade. 20% faster versus A12 Bionic. x3 faster than best-selling Chromebook.
- Apple throws in new chips in their devices like it's no big deal at all. It's simply fascinating.
- Improved cameras due to the upgraded ISP.
- 12-megapixel ultra-wide front-facing camera, 122-degree field of view and Center Stage.
- People are going to go wild with selfies using this iPad.
- The display now supports True Tone.
- Support for first-generation Apple Pencil.
- Will ship with iPadOS 15 and all its great new features.
- No 5G.
- Starts at 64GB for just $329. Education pricing: $299.
- Order today, available next week.
- Next up: iPad mini!
- We didn't see this one coming.
- Edge to edge display and second-generation Apple Pencil support.
- This is basically a smaller iPad Air 4. Available in Purple, Pink, Starlight and Space Gray.
- 8.3-inch Liquid Retina display. 500 nits of brightness, wide color, more.
- Touch ID in sleep wake button.
- New iPad mini 6 is 40% faster, 80% faster in GPU performance over last iPad mini.
- x2 faster machine learning.
- iPad mini 6 has a USB-C port!
- iPad mini has 5G now. Game over.
- Front and back cameras updated. Back camera is 12-megapixel with Focus Pixels, larger aperture. True Tone flash for improved photos in low light. Smart HDR also included, obviously.
- Front facing 12-megapixel ultra-wide camera with Center Stage.
- Stereo landscape speakers.
- Apple Pencil 2 support. Attaches magnetically.
- "Apple will never ever let the Android tablet market grow." - Furqan Shahid, our Android reporter.
- Priced at $499, available next week.
- Read about the new iPad 9 right here.
- Next up: Apple Watch!
- Apple is really taking its keynote outdoors. It's really refreshing.
- Next-generation of Apple Watch!
- Apple Watch Series 7. Same old design.
- Larger 20% display.
- 40% thinner bezels.
- So much for the rumors. Fail.
- 70% brighter display indoors.
- There's no new design guys. Go home.
- The larger display allows for a larger, full keyboard for typing.
- "Most durable Apple Watch".
- IPS6X certification. It's ready for dust.
- Obviously WR50 certified.
- All-day, 18 hour battery life.
- Improved charging experience. 33% faster than before.
- 45 minutes to go from zero to 50% charge. Wow.
- New finishes, lots of choices, you know the drill.
- Old bands will work with the new one.
- Series 7 starts at just $399.
- Available later this fall.
- All details about the Series 7 can be found here.
- Fitness+ will be available in fifteen more countries this fall.
- It's iPhone time!
- The iPhone 13 is here. The smaller notch is obvious already.
- Same flat edge design. Incredibly durable with Ceramic Shield.
- 5 new colors including pink and starlight.
- iPhone 13 mini is here too.
- Display is 28% brighter. Peak brightness at 1200 nits.
- Powered by A15 Bionic.
- Read about the iPad mini 6 here.
- A15 Bionic is the fastest CPU in any smartphone.
- Apple says this chip is 50% faster than the competition.
- Apple is straight up showing off at this point.
- 'Most advanced dual-camera system.'
- Camera gathers 47% more light. f1.6 aperture.
- Sensor Shift stabilization from Pro Max is in this phone.
- Ultra-wide camera is even better in low light situations.
- iPhone 13 shoots in a new Cinematic mode.
- Apple is making things so difficult for the competition. This camera shoots insane video.
- The bokeh is so good. My mirrorless camera is going to be so mad.
- iPhone 13 supports more 5G bands. It's faster than before.
- iPhone 13 lineup has better battery life. iPhone 13 mini will last 1.5 hours more than 12 mini. iPhone 13 will last 2 hours longer compared to the 12.
- This phone can shoot 4K 60fps in HDR.
- Starts from just $699 for iPhone 13 mini and $799 for iPhone 13. Starting capacity of 128GB. New 512GB option.
- Apple released an article a few days back saying that a motorbike can kill an iPhone's camera. They literally have an iPhone 13 strapped on a motorbike. Zero chill.
- It's iPhone 13 Pro time!
- It's stainless steel, as usual.
- New Sierra Blue finish. Still a fan of the Pacific Blue here.
- IP68 water resistance.
- It has a bigger battery.
- Powered by A15 Bionic.
- Fastest graphics performance in any smartphone ever.
- New Super Retina XDR display which is now more efficient. 25% higher brightness and ProMotion 120Hz display.
- Interesting fact: iPhone 13 Pro has a 5-core GPU compared to 4-core on iPhone 13.
- Display sizes remain the same.
- The telephoto camera now has x3 optical zoom.
- f1.5 aperture on the main camera.
- The ultra-wide camera can do macro photography. 2-centimeters close.
- All cameras have night mode.
- New feature called 'Photographic styles.'
- This phone shoots the best video we've seen on a smartphone. The depth and bokeh is remarkable.
- You can find all the details about the iPhone 13 Pro here.
- ProRes Video is coming to iPhone later this year.
- Why isn't Apple talking about the smaller notch?
- iPhone 13 Pro Max has the longest battery life in a smartphone. Up to 2.5 hours more versus 12 Pro Max.
- Starts at $999 for Pro and $1,099 and Pro Max.
- New 1TB storage option.
- Available September 24.
- So, no AirPods.
- That's a wrap!
Products mentioned in this post
The links above are affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, Wccftech.com may earn from qualifying purchases.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter