After other Android flagships, its now time for LG users all around to finally get a chance to experience Android Lollipop on their devices. After AT&T, the Lollipop update for G3 users has started to roll out officially for Sprint users today. The carrier reports today that Android Lollipop has started rolling out to users on the LG G3.
According to a press release by the carrier today, Lollipop for the G3 on Sprint has started to roll out officially. So if you're a Sprint user and own a LG G3, be sure to check - and keep checking for Google's latest to become available for your device OTA. The update includes several features outlined by the carrier. These include Android Lollipop's signature Material Design for an improved interface and performance, updated lock screen features, Google Hangouts and efficient battery use. The complete list of features can be viewed below:
- Material Design for fluid animation, multicolored themes and 3D views
- More efficient battery use
- Android™ TV support
- Notifications on the lock screen and customizable options with prioritized notifications for events, reminders, messages and calls
- Updated Lock Screen features allow users to quickly access notifications and active apps
- Enhanced low vision and color blind capabilities for added Accessibility
- Integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS, Wi-Fi and mobile networks, while simultaneously checking the battery usage of apps running location service capabilities
- Enhanced Messaging with Google Hangouts™ support for SMS and MMS and a larger assortment of updated Emoji icons
- Upgraded Google Mobile Service™ apps automatically back up photos and video and can open, view, rename and share Google Docs and files
So all LG G3 users on Sprint, be sure to check your device for the Android Lollipop update and make sure that your device's battery is charged at leas 70% before you begin to install the update. And make sure you have a good Wi-Fi connection at hand as well. Cheers.