Android 10 Is Here for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro
Oneplus has, time and again, showed us that it has what it takes to compete with industry giants when it comes to fast software upgrades. Last year, the onePlus 6 and 6T were the first devices after the Pixels and Essential Phone and this time around, the OnePlus 7 and 7T are the first (except the Redmi K20 Pro, maybe) to get Android 10. It comes in the form of OxygenOS 10 and has the following changelog according to OnePlus' official forums.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full-Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings – Blocking settings)
The OnePlus 7 Pro already had an Android 10 beta going, so the OTA update was only a matter of time. I expected it to land sometime next week and am pleasantly surprised to see it arrive so quickly. As the changelog suggests, OxygenOS 10 brings forth all Android 10 goodies such as navigation gestures, enhanced location settings, and a system-wide dark mode. You can find out more about the OnePlus-specific changes here.
Much like all of OnePlus' major OTA updates, this is a staged rollout. Only a limited number of devices will receive the update first, and they're selected at random. Depending on where you live, you can expect the software to land on OnePlus 7 anytime in the coming week. Sideloading it isn't an option just yet as OnePlus has not posted and official builds yet.