Update: AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition update 22.5.2 is out now. As mentioned below, it includes improvements for Radeon Super Resolution (RSR), performance boosts of up to 30 percent for DirectX 11 games, as well as support for Sniper Elite 5 (adding FSR) and Hitman 3 (adding ray tracing), and more. You can get the highlights, below.
- Sniper Elite 5
- Hitman 3 Ray Tracing Update
- Additional Vulkan extensions
Radeon Super Resolution
- Additional support – RSR is compatible with AMD Ryzen 6000 series processors with integrated graphics.
- New “Sharpen Effect” slider that allows you to fine-tune the sharpness effect of RSR.
AMD Privacy View
- A unique software powered by cutting-edge, eye tracking technology built in partnership with the team at Eyeware – monitors your eye movement and reveals only the spot on the screen you are looking at while dimming the rest, keeping prying eyes away from your screen and your information safer.
DirectX 11 optimizations for Radeon RX 6000 series
- Increase in performance in DirectX 11-based games, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6000-series cards.
AMD Smart Access Memory optimizations for Death Stranding and Watch Dogs: Legion
- Up to 10% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 13% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs: Legion, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6950 XT.
- Up to 12% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 24% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs: Legion, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6750 XT.
- Up to 6% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Death Stranding @ 1440p Very High settings and up to 6% increase in performance with new SAM optimizations in Watch Dogs: Legion, using AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 on the Radeon RX 6650 XT.
You should already have the AMD Software ver. 22.5.2 if you’re set up for automatic downloads, or you can grab the update manually, right here.
Original Story: Following yesterday’s launch of AMD’s latest lineup of RX 6000-series graphics cards, a new AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition Preview Driver has also been released, which largely focuses on improvements for Radeon Super Resolution (RSR) and DirectX 11 performance boosts. For those unfamiliar, RSR differs from FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) in that it’s software-based and doesn’t require any special implementation on the part of developers. It should just automatically work on a large chunk of your library, although, of course, the effects aren’t as dramatic as FSR.
The AMD Software Preview Driver adds a new RSR “sharpen effect” slider that allow more freedom to fine-tune your experience. In addition to that, the update improves performance for a wide range of DirectX 11 games. AMD provided the following examples…
- Assassin’s Creed Odyssey – up to 28%,
- World of Warcraft: Shadowlands – up to 30%
- Grand Theft Auto V – up to 11%
- Far Cry 5 – at 4% gains
- Farming Simulator 22 – at 3% gains
- Total War Saga: Troy – at 17% gains
- Total War Hammer 3 – at 5% gains
- Watch Dogs Legion – at 10% gains
- The Witcher 3 – at 3% gains
- Apex Legends – at 5% gains
- Overwatch – at 3% gains
- PUBG – at 3% gains
- Valorant – at 7% gains
On average, AMD says you can expect around a 10 percent boost with DirectX 11 games, and the above-listed titles are really just the tip of the iceberg. For instance, independent testers have found significant boosts for games like Crysis Remastered and God of War.
Massive DX11 performance improvement due to AMD Adrenalin preview driver.
Crysis Remastered up to 24% faster. I've double checked this which took a lot of time.
— CapFrameX (@CapFrameX) May 11, 2022
Ok, I had to triple check this. The impact of the Adrenalin preview driver on God of War (DirectX 11). 1080p, Ultra preset. FreeSync off, ResBar on.
Up to 41% better P1 🔥
Please note that there was a complete fresh driver installation using DDU between run 1 and 2. pic.twitter.com/9AlmC3u8eH
— CapFrameX (@CapFrameX) May 11, 2022
The AMD Software May Preview Driver is available to download now. AMD has not specified when the full release will arrive. For those looking for even bigger boosts for the latest games, FSR 2.0 launches tomorrow -- get more details here.