XCOM 2 New Mod Removes Pauses Between Combat Actions, Increases Unit Movement Speed
XCOM 2, the strategy game developed by Fireaxis now available in all regions on PC, is an involving and challenging game which comes with a few issues that might make playing it more annoying than it should. Thankfully, one of these issues has now been fixed by a new mod that’s been released recently.
The new XCOM 2 mod, called Stop Wasting My Time, is a very good mod which many of the pauses and wait times that players have to go through when playing the game.
- Removed 1-3 sec pause after shooting, throwing grenades, abilities, etc.
- Removed 1 sec pause after getting a kill
- Removed 2.75 sec pause after going into cover
- Reduced pauses from reanimating corpses and unburrowing chryssalids by 80%
- Removed unskippable Bradford voiceovers: 1, 3, and 6 turns remaining warnings Civilians dying warning
- Increased unit movement speed by ~10% (Lowered by popular demand – can be reduced back to normal under Options –> Gameplay –> Unit Movement Speed)
- Removed slowdown of non-attacked enemies during overwatch slow-mo
Some of the pauses, however, cannot be removed due to technical reasons.
- 3 sec pause after unit becomes panicked
- 1 sec pause at the end of every turn
- Hologlobe dissolve in/out animation
- Updated Avatar progress
The Stop Wasting My Time mod will surely make playing XCOM 2 a much better experience. You can learn more about the mod by checking out the Steam Workshop.
Before release, it was confirmed by Fireaxis Games and 2K that XCOM 2 was going to receive launch mods developed by Long War Studios, the team behind the popular XCOM mod, Long War. Among the launch mod the game has received are extra sub-machine guns, an additional set of leadership perks and the Muton Centurion enemy.
XCOM 2 is now available in all regions on PC. Mods for the game developed by Fireaxis are constantly coming in, so keep checking us back to learn more about the most interesting ones.