YouTube and Facebook Confirm How Star Wars Battlefront II Handily Won E3 2017
Yesterday, we posted the final social media analysis by Synthesio where DICE’s Star Wars Battlefront II turned out to be the most popular game at E3 2017.
In case there were any doubts, though, Facebook and YouTube also posted their own findings and once again Star Wars Battlefront II grabbed the first place.
On YouTube, the game ranked at the top both as the most viewed game (taking into account all videos related to BFII) and the most viewed official trailer.
During E3, “Star Wars Battlefront 2” was both the #1 most-viewed trailer, and the most popular game across all videos uploaded to YouTube, with over 7.9M views.
In second place is the “Super Mario Odyssey” trailer with 5.5 million views. It was one of the last titles to be announced at E3, so its ranking is even more impressive given that it proceeded the “Star Wars Battlefront 2” trailer release by three days.The Top 10 Most-viewed Trailers* from E3 (June 9 – 14, 2017)
- Star Wars Battlefront 2: Official Gameplay Trailer – 7.9M views
- Super Mario Odyssey – Game Trailer – Nintendo E3 2017 – 5.5M views
- Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4) 2017 E3 Gameplay – 4.5M views
- FIFA 18 | THE JOURNEY: HUNTER RETURNS | OFFICIAL TEASER TRAILER – 4.0M views
- Need for Speed Payback Official Gameplay Trailer – 3.4M views
- Official Call of Duty®: WWII – Multiplayer Reveal Trailer – 3.3M views
- Forza Motorsport 7 – E3 2017 – 4K Announce Trailer – 3.1M views
- Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle: E3 2017 Announcement Trailer | Ubisoft [US] – 3.0M views
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole: E3 2017 Official Trailer – Time to Take a Stand | Ubisoft [US] – 2.7M views
- Assassin’s Creed Origins: E3 2017 Gameplay Trailer [4K] | Ubisoft [US] – 2.6M views*Includes official trailers, teasers, and gameplay released after June 8, 2017. Excludes titles where the E3 announcement primarily involved add-ons, upgrades or an existing release on a new platform.
Facebook provided similar results: DICE’s upcoming shooter got almost twice the number of people talking per hour when compared to the closest runner-ups (EA FIFA, Assassin’s Creed Origins, God of War, Spider-Man and Super Mario Odyssey).
It is no wonder that Star Wars Battlefront II managed to be the hottest game of E3 2017, really. Between the hype for Star Wars VIII: The Last Jedi, DICE adding a campaign and free DLC content post-launch, the opposite would have been surprising.
Will the game be worth all this hype? We’ll have to wait November to find out, though we’ll get an inkling sooner with the beta scheduled for this Fall. Meanwhile, take a look at some 4K@60 gameplay footage grabbed at E3 2017 by IGN.