NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670Ti (GK104) Specifications Disclosed – Launching in May to Tackle the HD 7950
NVIDIA after the successful launch of its GeForce GTX 680 is further preparing two more GK104 Chip based GPU’s which would be known as the GeForce GTX 670Ti and GeForce GTX 670. In addition to these, NVIDIA would also expand its Kepler lineup in Q2 2012 by introducing the GK106 Mid-Range GPU “GeForce GTX 660” and a Dual GK104 GPU codenamed GTX 690.
- Based on the Nvidia GK104 (3.54 billion transistors on 294mm ² 28mn chip area)
- DirectX 11.1, Kepler architecture
- 4 Raster Engines (GPC)
- 7 shader clusters (SMX)
- 1344 (1D) shader units
- 112 texture units (TMUs)
- 32 raster operation units (ROPs)
- 256-bit DDR memory interface
- 2 GB of GDDR5 memory configuration
- Chip clock: 900 MHz or something more
- Memory clock: unknown, assumed ~ 2500 MHz
- PCI Express 3.0 (backwards compatible with PCI Express 1.x and 2.0)
- Estimated TDP ~ 160 watts
- Performance target by nVidia: GeForce GTX 580 – Radeon HD 7950
- Launch Date : May
- Price: £320
As previously detailed, The GeForce GTX 670Ti would be the GeForce GTX 580/570 replacements. The GeForce GTX 670Ti would feature performance better than the GTX 580 making it compete with the Radeon HD 7950 GPU. The GPU would pack 1344 Shader Units split into 7 SMX Clusters (GTX 680 has 1536 Units split into 8 SMX Clusters) 4 GPC, 112 TMUs and 32 ROPs.
Core clock is rumored to be set around 900MHz down from 1008MHz (GTX 680) while memory would be set at 2500MHz, Boost clock remains unknown. The card would have a 256-bit wide GDDR5 memory interface and a 2GB memory buffer which would run at 5GHz effective clock speed. Lesser clocks and shaders would result in a lower TDP of 160W but would also comprise performance by 21.7% compared to the GTX 680.
Pricing of the GeForce GTX 670Ti could be set anywhere between £320 and £240 for the GeForce GTX 670 Non-Ti. The 670 Non-Ti would have either get lower clocks/shader or an inferior memory interface (192-bit GDDR5).
Get Latest Tech News Daily
We cater to your constant need to remain up to date on today’s technology. Like us, tweet to us or +1 us, to keep up with our round the clock updates, reviews, guides and more.