We have just received word that Intel Haswell Refresh will start shipping around May. The Refresh will include 20 or so new SKUs and will include the awaited i7-4790 and i5-4690 processors. The H97 and Z97 Motherboards will debut somewhere around April.
Haswell Refresh “K” Series Unlocked Processors to Ship in Third Quarter 2014, Haswell-E to Debut around the Same Time.
We received quite a lot of details regarding the Intel Haswell Refresh and the upcoming Haswell-E high end spectrum of processors, here is what we learned:
- Basically the first batch of processors will include about 20 SKUs including the Core i7-4790 and 4790S, Core i5-4690, 4590, 4460, 4590S, 4460S, Core i3-4360, 4150T, Pentium G3450 and Celeron G1840. Needless to say the 4790 will be the i7 Flagship and the 4690 will be the i5 Flagship.
- Most of the SKUs wil get a clock upgrade of 100 Mhz.
- The H97/Z97 motherboards will ship in April.
- The ‘K’ Series Unlocked processors will come somewhere around third quarter;
- Followed by Haswell-E which will also ship in that same approximate time frame. This will be the High End Platform to succeed Ivy Bridge-E
- In the third quarter part of the i5 and i3 Lineup of Ivy Bridge will be discontinued and desisted.
Also an interesting thing to add is that in the nomenclature of the Haswell Refresh the original Haswell Models nomenclature has been changed by ‘an addition of 0020’. Ie the i7-4770 became the i7-4790 and so on.
— Usman Pirzada (@usmanpirzada) January 14, 2014