How to Root Xperia Z & Install Latest Official Update 10.1.1.A.1.253
We already shared with you a tutorial on how to root Xperia Z (locked / unlocked), that one though might not work now after Sony recently released its latest update 10.1.1.A.1.253. If you have already updated to that latest official firmware, this tutorial will help you to get root access of your Xperia Z. Also, if you have a rooted Xperia Z and you are unable to update to latest update, this guide will help you to manually update your Xperia Z to the latest official update.
Prerequisites to root Sony Xperia Z and install latest official update 10.1.1.A.1.253:
- USB drivers must be installed in your computer for Sony Xperia Z.
- Your computer should be installed with ADB (Android Debug Bridge).
- Backup any important data from your Xperia Z as data loss might happen during the rooting process.
- Enable USB debugging option on your device: Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging.
- Your Sony Xperia Z must be charged to at least 60% of power.
How to root Xperia Z C6602 and C6603:
Required files: download Flash tool for Sony Xperia device and install it on your computer. Next download Custom Recovery like CWM or TWRP:
Next, download the firmware files:
- C6602: C6602.Flashable.253.Zip & Xperia_Z_10.1.1.A.1.253_C6602-Stripped.Ftf
- C6603: C6603.Flashable.253.Zip & Xperia_Z_10.1.1.A.1.253_C6603-Stripped.Ftf
Root Sony Xperia Z C6602 / C6603:
- Install flash tool on your PC and reboot your machine after installation. Installing the flashtool will create a new directory called Flashtool under Program Files on your C Drive (Windows).
- Connect your Xperia Z with computer and copy device.flashable.253.zip - depending on your device model – to the external SD card of your Xperia.
- Next, copy the FTF file depending on your device model inside the newly created Flashtool/firmwares folder.
- Run the Sony Flashtool and flash Xperia_Z_10.1.1.A.1.253_C6602-stripped.ftf (or C6603).
- Once flashing is done, reboot your Xperia Z into recovery mode: turn off the device and press Volume UP + Power buttons together. When you see the LED light, press the Volume Up key until you see the CWM or TWRP recovery menu.
- Now select install zip from sdcard and select the C6602.flashable.253.zip [or C6603] to install the latest Xperia Z firmware.
- Once it’s done, return back to recovery menu and select reboot system now.
Your Sony Xperia Z has been successfully updated to the latest official update 10.1.1.A.1.253 with root access.