AMD FX-8300 Vishera (x86 Piledriver) 8 Core CPU Pictured and Benchmarked
The guys at Coolaler forums have got themselves an Engineering Sample of AMD’s Upcoming Piledriver FX-8300 series processor which features 8 Cores.
Still in ES phase, The FX-8300 series processor come within a boxed AMD packaging. The 2nd generation FX Vishera processors feature the Piledriver 32nm Architecture which delivers upto 10-15% IPC improvement over FX-Bulldozer.
The FX-Piledriver processor tested featured 124W TDP, 8MB of L3 Cache and core clock of 3.3-3.9GHz (Stock/Turbo Core). The processor was tested on an AM3+ socket motherboard (ASUS Crosshair V Formula) since Piledriver is compatible with 990FX chipset.
Benchmark results are posted below:
3DMark Vantage (CPU-Only):
- FX-8300 Piledriver @Stock – 18705 CPU Marks
3DMark 06 (CPU-Only):
- FX-8300 Piledriver @Stock – 4986 CPU Marks
AIDA64 Cache and Memory Benchmark:
- FX-8300 Piledriver @4.8GHz – 17410/11769/21472 MB/s (Read/Write/Copy)
- FX-8300 Piledriver @Stock – 5946 KB/s
- FX-8300 Piledriver @Stock – 5.73