World of Warcraft: Legion Gets Extended Video Preview
Almost two years after the release of Warlords of Draenor, World of Warcraft is about to get its sixth expansion, Legion, only two months after the release of the game themed movie. To celebrate it, Blizzard released an extended preview that will show you the new features, zones, dungeons and bosses.
Set years after the events transpired in the previous expansion, Legion will take place on the Broken Isles, near the Maelstrom. These isles were sent to the bottom of the Great Sea ten thousand years ago with the cataclysmic event known as The Sundering, and Aegwynn decided to imprison the corpse of Sargeras' avatar there.
The Broken Isles are comprised of six zones: Azsuna, The Broken Shore, Highmountain, Stormheim, Suramar and Val'sharah. Dalaran, the neutral city of the Kirin Tor mages, will move there and provide a base once again (it already did during Wrath of the Lich King) for both the Horde and the Alliance.
Here's a recap of the most important features of this expansion from WoWWiki. World of Warcraft: Legion will be available for Windows PC & Mac on August 30 for the price of $49.99 (Standard Edition) or $69.99 (Digital Deluxe); as always, you'll also need an active subscription.
- Level cap raised to 110
- Additional character slot added.
- To help the heroes of Azeroth prepare for the coming invasion, World of Warcraft: Legion will allow players to boost one character to level 100, including a newly created character, quickly getting them primed and ready to battle the Burning Legion alongside their friends.
- Honor System: Fight for fame, glory, and a range of new PvP-specific powers as you face the opposing faction in Arenas and Battlegrounds.
- Introduction of Honor Ranks and Honor Bonuses
- Introduction of Prestige Ranks
- Portrait badges based on PvP ranks
- Class Orders, Order Halls and followers: Whether you’re paladin or warlock, unite fellow NPC members of your class’s order to carry out missions at your command.
- Champions are basically Legion's Order Hall version of followers
- New hero class — Demon Hunter: Unleash the demon within as an all-new melee hero class gifted with preternatural mobility—and the ability to metamorphose into hellish new forms.
- New continent - Broken Isles: Discover the fate of a lost night elf civilization, confront twisted fragments of the Emerald Nightmare, and hunt agents of the Legion in all-new zones.
- New zones:
- The Broken Shore
- New zones:
- New worlds - Mar'dun: Created by Sargeras before his fall to capture demons and part of the demon hunter starting experience
- New world bosses
- Artifact Weapons (36 to encompass all specializations): Smite the Legion with legendary weapons of lore. Earn Artifact power to unlock abilities and traits, and customize your weapon to suit your needs.
- Trees for further spell/ability customization
- Appearance customization
- Artifact forms for Feral Druids
- Improved transmogrification system
- Improved social features