First of all this is not a bug but rather a cleverly implemented use of game mechanics. It can be performed early on on the game if you choose to do so.
- Head on over to the town of White Orchard and look for a small farm with two cows grazing peacefully.
- Kill said cows without remorse (You don’t have to loot them just yet).
- Go into the status menu and meditate for at least two hours, at which point the cows will respawn.
- Rinse and repeat step three over and over again until the field is littered with dead cows (The bodies do not disappear).
- Loot the Cow Hides; they are worth 27 Crowns each; when a Cow Hide drops, they drop two at a time, so it’s 54 Crowns per drop. The average drop rate is around one Cow Hide per minute.
- The only problem is that the shopkeepers do not have enough money on hand to pay you for all the “Cow Hides” all at once. Therefore, you need to sell your bounty of hides to various shopkeepers, which requires some traveling after the slaughter is complete.
Youtube user WhatsMyGame demonstrates the bovine slaughter “exploit” in the video below:
The exploit works on PC, Xbox One and PS4.
There's a way of improving the grass quality in The Witcher 3, as well as improving performance by making a few adjustments in the ini files. There's also a workaround on how to run HairWorks on AMD GPUs without crippling performance, which enables AMD GPU users to enjoy The Witcher 3 with the HairWorks setting enabled and actually getting better performance than GeForce users not using a Maxwell architecture Nvidia GPU.
We have recently provided some beautiful 4K screenshots of the PC version of the game as well as some 4K gameplay footage that showcases the beautiful graphics that The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt can provide at Ultra High-Definition at it Ultra Settings.
The Witcher 3 is available for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC. We will bring you any new information on The Witcher 3 as soon as it becomes available. Be sure to check out our previous coverage for more information on The Witcher 3, here and here.