Windows 10 Mobile Rollout to Begin Within 2 Weeks, T-Mobile Confirms
Some rumors earlier this week claimed that Microsoft might start rolling out Windows 10 Mobile update on January 12th to the first wave of existing Lumia handsets. A new report from T-Mobile confirms that a Windows 10 Mobile update is imminent.
T-Mobile confirms Windows 10 Mobile rollout within 2 weeks:
Receiving an anonymous tip, folks at NPU had reported earlier that Microsoft might send the OTA updates starting from January 12th. The update for existing Lumia handsets was expected to arrive in December 2015, which was later postponed for "early next year." Now, T-Mobile Germany has shared in a post that the update is expected for a number of Windows devices and may reach to users in up to weeks.
While the first batch of Lumia devices to receive this long-awaited Windows 10 Mobile update was earlier considered to be small, it actually consists of a lot more devices. Lumia 535, 636, 640, 640 XL, 830, and Lumia 930 are expected to receive the update in the first wave. Here's a full list of expected packages and their build numbers, shared by GSMArena:
- Microsoft Lumia 950 01078.00027.15506.02027 Windows 10 build 10.0.10586.29
- Nokia Lumia 930 02540.00019.15234.50007 Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.10586.29
- Nokia Lumia 635 02040.00021.15235.50002 Windows 10 build 10.0.10586.29
- Microsoft Lumia 535 02074.00000.15234.28001 Windows 10 build 10.0.10586.29
- Nokia Lumia 830 02177.00000.15184.36004 Windows 10 mobile build 10.0.10586.29
- Microsoft Lumia 640 XL LTE 02177.00000.15184.36001 Windows 10 build 10.0.10586.29
- Microsoft Lumia 640 LTE 02177.00000.15184.36002 Windows 10 build 10.0.10586.29
If earlier rumors of January 12 being the day for a software rollout and a possible mid-ranger (Lumia 850?) announcement are true, Microsoft might share its plans of sending out Windows 10 Mobile updates to the Windows Phone 8.1 devices on the day of the device launch. Let us know if you are eagerly awaiting the release of Windows 10 Mobile for your Lumia handset.