Windows 10 Mobile Redstone 14291 Now Available for Older Lumia Phones
Microsoft has now started rolling out Windows 10 Mobile Redstone preview build 14291 to older Windows Phone devices. All the devices that are supported by the newly released operating system can now test the features of 14291, if they are part of the Windows Insider program and are on the Fast ring. Except for Lumia 635, if your device is in the list of supported devices, you can start trying out the new features coming from the Development Branch.
Windows 10 Mobile 14291 out for older devices
Except for the Lumia 635, which will get the build at a later date, all the eligible devices can now get Windows 10 Mobile preview build 14291. Preview build 14291 is part of the Development Branch (aka Redstone), that brings improvements and new features to the operating system. While all the Windows Phones can try out the preview builds, Microsoft had earlier said that only the supported devices will be able to install the preview builds coming from the Development Branch.
Going forward – these devices can receive new builds from our Development Branch that we release to the Fast and Slow rings. As we stated previously, only devices which are eligible to receive the Windows 10 Mobile upgrade will be able to get preview builds from the Development Branch.
As mentioned before, you will need to be on the Fast ring to see the update. Please note that this is a preview build that comes with its own fair share of errors and problems. Users aren't advised to install the preview updates on their primary devices. To learn more about what new features, known issues and bug fixes Windows 10 Mobile 14291 brought in, please read: Feature-Packed Windows 10 Redstone Build is Out for PC and Mobile – Brings Edge Extensions
What's fixed in Windows 10 Mobile 14291
- We fixed the issue where connectivity to older Wi-Fi networks using the WEP encryption security method may be broken.
- We fixed an issue resulting in slower text input speed the more words were typed.
- We have improved Word Flow recognition of longer words.
- The All apps list has been updated to now follow the "Make Text Larger" ease of access setting.
- We fixed an issue where Settings would sometimes list unresolved app names under Extras.
- We fixed an issue where touch targets could be out of alignment in the Photos picker.