Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Preview Build 16193 Out for PC – Build 15213 for Mobile
It’s Microsoft day – or month? After announcing the next version of Windows 10 and a new design language that the company will be gradually adopting, Microsoft has now released new Preview builds for PC and Mobile Fast ring Insiders. Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Insider Preview Build 16193 for PC and Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview Build 15213 are now available to Insiders in the Fast ring.
Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Insider Preview now out
Today’s Windows 10 Fall Creators Update Insider Preview Build brings us the first look at some features discussed at the Build 2017 that are planned for the fall Windows 10 feature update. These include Story Remix and improved power throttling features. Here’s the complete changelog of today’s Preview Build:
Tell your story your way: Today at Build we unveiled a big update coming to the Windows 10 Creators Update and the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update. Story Remix is an evolution of the Photos app that makes it easier than ever to relive your memories and introduces video story creation from your photos and videos. Windows Insiders will be the first to try out many of the new features demonstrated today – with more to come!
- Videos made easy: Story Remix uses its understanding of your content to find collections of content most relevant to you and automatically brings it together into video stories – each with a soundtrack, theme, and transitions. You can keep these suggested video stories to enjoy and share, remix them with just a click of a button, or edit them yourself in story editor to get it just right. Anyone can get started creating great videos with the help of Story Remix.
- Search: Story Remix uses deep learning and AI to automatically tag your content. Now you can search by people, places or things to easily find specific photos in your ever-growing collection so that you can view, edit or create a story.
- Updated UX: The Story Remix app now includes elements of Fluent Design like connected animations, conscious scrollbars, and acrylic. The Explore page is the hub for your entire collection of photos and videos, where you can view your content in three different sizes – small, medium, and large. The Create page is the jumping off point for creating new stories.
- Discovery bar: The new discovery bar gives you quick access to delight and common tasks, making it easy to create a new story, see stories we’ve created for you, and discover your past memories of people, places, and things.
- Share your stories: Upload your video stories quickly to YouTube and Facebook, or share them easily via email or via OneDrive.
Power Throttling Update: Starting with Build 16193, the Task Manager column name has changed from “Background Moderated” to “Power Throttling”.
Individually controlling the volume of your UWP apps: We’ve updated the Volume Mixer to now include UWP apps (like Microsoft Edge, or Groove Music), so you can set their volume without impacting the overall system volume. Appreciate everyone who’s shared feedback requesting this, let us know what you’d like to see next! Note: UWP apps will only appear in the Volume Mixer once they start playing sound. To open the Volume Mixer, right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar.
Changes, improvements, and fixes for Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 16193 PC
- PC Reset via Settings > Update & security > Recovery works again on non-English Insider Preview builds.
- Navigating to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen should no longer crash Settings app.
- We fixed an issue where Settings would crash on launch for Insiders using certain display languages, including Russian, French, Polish and Korean. If you were impacted by this on Build 16188, that means you won’t be able to open Windows Update to check for updates. However, your PC will download the new build in the background. Once the build is downloaded and staged, your device should automatically restart to install it when idle and outside of your configured active hours. Or you could go to Start and Power and choose to Update and Restart to install the build.
- We fixed the issue causing XAML designers in Visual Studio and Blend for Visual Studio to show an exception when a XAML file from a Universal Windows Platform project is opened.
- We fixed an issue resulting in some fonts not rendering properly in Greek or other single-byte system locales such as Hebrew or Arabic.
- We fixed an issue where the “clear all” button in Action Center wouldn’t work if a notification had been expanded.
- You can now use Ctrl + Win + N to directly open Narrator Settings.
- We fixed an issue where the Windows Store App Troubleshooter was erroneously showing the message “Not Fixed” instead of “Fixed” after following the steps to troubleshoot the error “Windows Store cache may be damaged”.
- We fixed an issue from recent flights that could lead to the PC no longer recognizing any USB device until the USB Root Hub had been disabled and re-enabled in Device Manager.
For more details on known issues for PC and changes for Windows 10 Mobile Preview Build 15213, visit the official announcement post.