Windows 10 20H1 Preview Build 19018 Is Out for Fast Ring Insiders
Microsoft released a new Windows 10 20H1 Insider Preview Build late last night to Insiders in the Fast ring. This latest build brings some improvements to Search, along with several general improvements and bug fixes. Here is the complete changelog:
Windows 10 20H1 - Quick searches now in Search Home
To help you find the info that matters even faster, we’ve added four quick web searches to your Search Home:
- Weather: Get current conditions and the upcoming forecast
- Top news: Read the latest headlines from popular news sites
- Today in history: Explore four events that happened on this day
- New movies: Find out what’s playing in theaters near you
To preview these web answers and results, select the search box to open Search Home, then choose one of the quick search buttons. Need quick answers about other topics or searches? Just enter a query into the search box for quick results about almost everything.
Let us know what you think about quick searches and how you would like to see them evolve.
Note: This is a server-side change that’s currently rolling out and will appear for users across builds from version 1809 to 20H1. Currently, quick searches are only available in the US, but will be available soon internationally.
Updated design for web preview in search results
We have made a few small tweaks to how it looks–here’s what you’ll see now:
The list of known issues is also getting shorter as we heard last week that the company might actually have already finalized Windows 10 20H1 internally, being able to potentially release the RTM build next month. Here are the few bugs still left to sort out:
- BattlEye and Microsoft have found incompatibility issues due to changes in the operating system between some Insider Preview builds and certain versions of BattlEye anti-cheat software. To safeguard Insiders who might have these versions installed on their PC, we have applied a compatibility hold on these devices from being offered affected builds of Windows Insider Preview. See this article for details.
- We’ve heard that Settings still isn’t available outside of launching via the URI (ms-settings:) for some Insiders and are investigating.
- Some Insiders are reporting that after successfully installing printer drivers from the Optional Updates section, the same driver is still showing as available for install. We’re looking into the issue.
- If this build attempts to download an install before you have completed the first login of a prior install (such as Build 19013), you will experience a 2-hour window before you can install this new build.
- [ADDED] Based on feedback, we’ve decided to remove the downloads folder from disk cleanup.
For more details, head over to the official blog post.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter