Watch Dogs 2 Update 1.13 Now Out – Adds New Multiplayer Mode and More Free Content
Ubisoft has released a major free update for Watch Dogs 2 today on PC as well as both PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles. The update 1.13, which the publisher describes as the biggest free content update the game has received so far, introduces a good amount of new features, including a new multiplayer mode, multiplayer racing, weapons, and more.
The new multiplayer mode is Showdown, which is new 2v2 PvP mode that allows players to play with a friend or other players that can be found through matchmaking. “This is a new type of online gameplay for 2v2 PvP matches that can be played with a friend, or through random matchmaking,” the publisher said. “Showd0wn will feature three types of objectives [Steal the HDD, Doom-load (KotH style), and Erase/Protect the Servers] across 15 distinct locations”
Multiplayer support for drones, motocross, and eKart races is also included, and each type will have its own leaderboard and players will now be able to compete for season rewards. Furthermore, players will now be able to hack the armored loot trucks in the game’s open-world map. This will allow them to activate an event where they will have to fight off large waves of police in order to score a significant reward in the end.
The update 1.13 also brings some technical improvements and bug-fixes. Players, for one, can now adjust the effectiveness of explosives when playing online. Some PC-specific fixes have also been introduced. You can see complete list of new features and improvements in the patch notes below.
Watch Dogs 2 Update 1.13 Patch Notes
- New Online Mode: Showd0wn – This is a new type of online gameplay for 2v2 PvP matches that can be played with a friend, or through random matchmaking. Showd0wn will feature three types of objectives [Steal the HDD, Doom-load (KotH style), and Erase/Protect the Servers] across 15 distinct locations. This is a great endgame challenge to play with friends, provided you’re not a script kiddie and know how to use all of the tools in your arsenal.
- Online Races – Drone, motocross and eKart races are getting multiplayer functionality! They will also have their own leaderboards, so you can use them to compete for season rewards.
- Loot Truck Event – These armored trucks will randomly appear in the world, offering you a chance to hack them and then defend against the flood of police that will be responding. These will not be easy to rob, but the cash and followers payout is fat.
- Paintball gun – This bad boy will be available in the 3D printer and can stun enemies with a barrage of paintballs. Fun fact: in PvP gameplay your opponent’s screen will be colored in paintball splashes when you attack them.
- New Clothes – 13 new clothing items are available in the various stores, as if you didn’t look fly enough already.
- Explosive damage – We’ve improved the effectiveness of explosives for online play. With this update, damage to the opponent is determined by their proximity to the explosion. Standing on top of the IED will end in immediate and embarrassing death, but you’ll suffer less damage if you’re further out when the blast goes off. Check yourselves before you wreck yourselves.
- Leaderboards – Multiple minor improvements to the leaderboard system
- “Bio Hacking” blocker – Fixed an issue that was preventing some players from completing this mission.
- Duplicate operations – Fixed a bug that was sometimes causing duplicate operation entries in the DedSec App.
- Key Data – We’ve updated some Key Data units with proper definitions and descriptions on the map.
- Lots of other minor bug fixes and improvements we don’t want to bore you with.
PC Specific – Title Update 1.013.177.1
- Fixed an issue when the game couldn’t be started in Steam after the download with “Launch the game as soon as it`s ready” option turned on.
- Fixed an issue when the San Francisco Fog was displaying incorrectly during rain.
- Fixed an issue when the game launched on laptops with integrated GPU, instead of dedicated.
- Lots of fixes to various minor issues with flickering, reflections, missing textures, windowed modes behavior, UI, text, online game modes, other stuff, yada yada.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter