Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Reveals the Part-Vamp, Part-Witch Tremere Clan
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 will give players plenty of bloodsucking options, eventually allowing them to join one of five full-blooded vampire clans. Last week publisher Paradox Interactive unveiled the brutish Brujah, and now they’re showing off the Tremere clan. Basically a mix of vampire and witch, the Tremere have access to powerful blood magic in addition to the usual vampire powers. You can check out an animated teaser for the Tremere, below.
Here’s the official breakdown of the Tremere and their two disciplines, Thaumaturgy and Auspex:
Knowledge-obsessed, usurpers, warlocks, heretics, blood witches; the Tremere get called many things. Bloodlines 2 players who choose to join their ranks gain access to the secrets of two new Disciplines on top of the individual powers from their Thinblooded past.
Few secrets are guarded more jealously by the Tremere than their signature Discipline: Blood sorcery. Followers of the Path of Blood gain almost unparalleled destructive power.
- Skewer - the first active Thaumaturgy power, launches a small portion of the vampire’s Vitae at the feet of their enemies, where it erupts in a patch of razor-sharp spikes. Once they dissolve, a stream of blood flows back to the caster.
- Purge - the second active power, allows the vampire to make their victims vomit up blood, damaging them heavily. A stream of blood flows back to the caster.
- Blood Boil - A master of Thaumaturgy may cast Purge for a second time on an affected NPC, causing the blood in their veins to sear. The wretch explodes within moments; bystanders in a large area are damaged. Blood from each victim streams back to the caster.
Nothing stays hidden to those who master the Discipline of Auspex. By expanding their own senses beyond the boundaries of their bodies, these Kindred inch ever closer to their personal idea of perfection.
- Aura Sense - Auspex’ first active, allows the player to spot NPCs even through walls, read crowds at a glance, and mark individuals to keep them in their sights over long distances. It also allows the user to spot the weaknesses in the marked NPC’s attack and defense.
- Psychic Projection - the second active, detaches the vampire’s mind from their body. Untethered, they can explore the area in astral form, remaining free to use Aura Sight to mark any character they spot. Beyond that, the vampire’s mastery of their own senses has grown to such an extent that they can telepathically overwhelm the senses of others for a short while.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 stalks onto PC, Xbox One, and PS4 sometime in early 2020.