Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 Details Its Thinblood Disciplines and Powers
Last month Paradox Interactive finally announced the long-awaited Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, and now they’ve revealed some new information about your early-game play options. You’ll begin the game as a Thinblood, a weaker form of vampire with fewer supernatural powers. Eventually you’ll be able to join one of five full-blooded vampire clans, but you’ll have to earn it. That said, as a Thinblood you’ll still have a variety of disciplines you can choose from, each with their own unique set of powers. Before we get into that, you can check out a quick new Bloodlines 2 animated teaser, below.
And here’s Paradox senior product manager Florian Schwarzer discussing Thinbloods.
Finally, here’s the official breakdown of the available Thinblood disciplines:
Chiropteran – Strong affinity for bats, allowing vampires to move through the air and summon swarms.
- Glide — first active power. Glide greatly lowers the weight of the vampire’s skeleton and muscle mass to allow them to briefly float, reaching otherwise inaccessible areas, swoop down on NPCs to knock them down, or rain down other Disciplines from afar.
- Bat Swarm — second active power. The vampire can summon a small swarm of bats to attack a target NPC, temporarily disabling them and dealing low damage. This power can be upgraded until a true Maelstrom of leathery wings surrounds the vampire, harrying and damaging those who come too close.
Mentalism – Use telekinesis to manipulate objects and even pull weapons from enemy hands.
- Pull — first active power. Manipulate inanimate objects using telekinesis, even weapons held by NPCs.
- Levitate — second active power. Suspends a living NPC in the air. Its strength can be enhanced until the vampire can levitate everyone and everything in an area, and throw suspended enemies around like ragdolls.
Nebulation – Allows the vampire to summon and command mist.
- Mist Shroud — first active power. Summon a shroud of mist that surrounds the player for a short period. The shroud muffles the sound of footsteps and reduces the range at which the player can be seen. In addition, the player may partially transform into a cloud of mist to perform a choking attack on an NPC or travel through a tight space, like a ventilation fan or duct.
- Envelop — second active power. Create a stationary, swirling cloud of mist on a target that surrounds, blinds and forcefully enters the lungs of NPCs that it touches.
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 stalks onto PC, Xbox One, and PS4 sometime in early 2020.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter