First Official Firmware: How to Flash XXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 on Galaxy S7
Samsung's latest Galaxy S7 and S7 edge have started shipping out to consumers. As the newly released devices get to the hands of their owners, the Korean tech giant is also rolling out first official firmware updates for the new Galaxy S7 duo. Announced at Mobile World Congress, Samsung's Galaxy S7 flaunts some premium features, making it one of the favorite flagships of the year. To make the user experience as perfect as possible, users are recommended to flash XXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on their Samsung Galaxy S7 as soon as they receive the over-the-air update notification. If you have an unlocked Galaxy S7, or want to manually flash the firmware, this guide will help you with all the required download links and steps.
XXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow details:
Model name Galaxy S7
Country United Kingdom
Version Android 6.0.1
Build date Fri, 29 Jan 2016 14:33:07 +0000
Product code BTU
Prerequisites to update Galaxy S7 to XXU1APAW Android 6.0.1:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S7 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S7 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy S7 G930F to XXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow
Required files: download G930FXXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 for Samsung Galaxy S7. Also, download Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Here are the steps to update Galaxy S7 to XXU1APAW Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow official firmware.
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy S7 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down and Power together and then press the Home key. OR, check how to enter Download Mode.
- Open Odin and connect your smartphone with your computer. When connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number after a while. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- Click on AP and select file with AP in its name.
- Click on CP and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the. pit file - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on BL and select file with BL in its name - ignore if there is no such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the. pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Your Galaxy S7 will now reboot. Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy S7 G930F and reboot it.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter