How to Update Galaxy S3 i9300 to Android 4.4.4 with C-RoM
You can now upgrade your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 to the latest Android 4.4.4 KitKat using the very popular C-ROM custom firmware. Based on the latest AOSP, ROM offers all the previous features of C-ROM with the same speed, stability and performance. Follow this guide to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to C-RoM Android 4.4.4.
C-RoM Android 4.4.4 custom ROM:
- App Bar
- Dark C-RoM
- Active Display
- Floating Windows
- Gesture Anywhere
- On-The-Go Mode
- Animation Controls
- Lockscreen Notifications
- Implement App Sidebar
Prereqs to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to C-RoM 4.4.4:
- Create a backup of all important data in your Galaxy device.
- Download and install USB drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 in your computer.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Make sure that recovery tool like ClockworkMod recovery is installed.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 carries more than 80% of charge.
Update Galaxy S3 i9300 to C-RoM Android 4.4.4
Here are the steps to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to C-RoM custom firmware:
- Connect your Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 to your computer using USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card of your Galaxy device.
- Disconnect the connection with PC and turn your Galaxy S3 off.
- Boot in to custom recovery mode: press and hold Volume Up, Down and the Power buttons simultaneously until Samsung logo shows up. Leave the keys for half a second and hold again. Use Volume keys to scroll and Power button to select - alternatively you can use Quick Boot app to reboot your Android device in recovery mode.
- Now perform Nandroid backup of your current ROM: select Backup and Restore > Backup. Go back to main recovery menu after backup process is done - very important step to restore back to current OS.
- Data wiping tasks: select wipe data/factory reset > Yes. It will take a few minutes; once done, select wipe cache partition. Next tap on Advance > wipe Dalvik Cache to wipe Dalvik cache data too.
- Select install zip from sdcard followed by choose zip from sdcard. Locate the Android 4.4.4 KitKat based C-ROM custom ROM file copied earlier and select it. Tap on yes to confirm installation and wait for the ROM installation to be completed.
- Once installation process is finished successfully, repeat the above step but choose GApps file instead to install the Google apps package on your SGS3 i9300.
- Return to main recovery menu now and select reboot system now to boot up into the latest C-ROM 4.4.4 custom firmware for Samsung Galaxy S3. It will take a bit of time during the first boot, so kindly be patient.
- Ta da! This was how to update Galaxy S3 i9300 to C-ROM Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
How to restore: If you want to return to previous OS on your SGS3, boot into recovery, select backup and restore then restore your previous ROM by selecting it from the list.