Install Android 4.4.2 UEU2CNE2 on Galaxy Note 8.0 – How to
Samsung has released the second Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for its Galaxy Note 8.0.The UEU2CNE2 Android 4.4.2 brings KitKat styles and animations over TouchWiz UI features. You can update your tablet to this latest KitKat update over the air or KIES. However, if you have not yet received the notification, here is the manual way to update Galaxy Note 8.0 to UEU2CNE2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Update Galaxy Note 8.0 to UEU2CNE2 Android 4.4.2:
Model name: GALAXY Note 8.0 Wi-Fi
Country: Cellular south
Version: Android 4.4.2
Product Code: XAR
Note: this tutorial is specifically tailored to Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi model GT-N5110; please do not try it on other Note variants or Android devices.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note 8.0 to UEU2CNE2 Android 4.4.2:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 8.0 on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your Note.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Disable KIES on your computer before starting the flashing process.
- Make sure to disable any running antivirus programs: can interfere with flashing process.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Note 8.0 to UEU2CNE2 Android 4.4.2 official:
Required files: download the Android 4.2.2 UEU2CNE2 firmware file for Galaxy Note 8.0 from here. Also download the Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip both these files into a folder on your computer.
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Note 8.0 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Up and Power buttons simultaneously.
- Open Odin and connect your Note while it’s in Download mode. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn’t help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is. Check Re-Partition only if you select a .pit file in the steps below.
- Select the following files:
- Click on PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name – ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name – ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file – ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click on the START button to initiate the update process. When installation is successfully completed, ID:COM in Odin will turn green and Odin will show a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from PC.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks: reboot your Note into recovery mode and select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your Note to the normal mode. It should work fine now.