Update Galaxy Note 8.0 to Android 4.4.2 XXDNE1 Official Firmware – How to
Samsung has just released the XXDNE1 Android 4.4.2 official update for Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0. You can update Galaxy Note 8.0 to Android 4.4.2 XXDNE1 via OTA or through Samsung KIES. However, if you have not yet received the official notification or want to manually update Galaxy Note 8.0 to Android 4.4.2 XXDNE1, here is the tutorial to help you out.
Note: this tutorial is specifically tailored to Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 Wi-Fi model name GT-N5110; please do not try it on Note variants or Android devices.
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note 8.0 to Android 4.4.2 XXDNE1:
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 8.0 on your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your Note.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Disable KIES on your computer before starting the flashing process.
- Make sure to disable any running antivirus programs: can interfere with flashing process.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 carries more than 70% of charge.
How to update Galaxy Note 8.0 to Android 4.4.2 XXDNE1 official update:
Required files: download the Android 4.2.2 N5110XXDNE1 firmware file for Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE from here. Also download the Odin3 v3.09 for installation from here. Unzip both these files into a folder on your computer.
- Install Odin on your computer.
- Switch your Note 8.0 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons simultaneously. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying “Added!!”. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- In Odin make sure that the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time check boxes are the only options checked and nothing else is.
- Click on AP on Odin and locate the downloaded .tar.md5 file and hit the Start button to initiate the update process.
- When installation is successfully completed, ID:COM in Odin will turn green and Odin will show a PASS message.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 LTE will restart automatically and you can then disconnect your device from PC.
Note: In case your device gets stuck at boot screen after installation of official firmware, perform data wiping tasks: reboot your Note into recovery mode and select the wipe data/factory reset. Go back and reboot your Note to the normal mode. It should work fine now.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter