Update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to XXUENG3 4.4.2 KitKat – Official Firmware
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N900 got a latest XXUENG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update. Here is the complete tutorial to help you update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to XXUENG3 Android 4.4.2 official firmware. The latest official update brings in some performance improvement, maintenance and bug fixes and you can update to it via KIES or OTA too.
Android 4.4.2 XXUENG3 details:
Model name: GALAXY Note 3
Country: United Arab Emirates
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: Fri, 25 Jul 2014 15:12:23 +0000
Product Code: XSG
Follow this detailed guide to update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to XXUENG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat. Once you have updated, here is how to Root Galaxy Note 3 on XXUENG3 Android 4.4.2
Prerequisites to update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to XXUENG3 Android 4.4.2:
Please check these prerequisites before going forward to the update guide.
- Download and install USB drivers for Galaxy Note 3 in your computer.
- Make sure to take backup of any important files on your smartphone.
- Enable USB debugging option by pressing Menu > Settings > Applications. Navigate and tap on Developer Options to ensure that USB Debugging is enabled.
- Ensure that your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 carries more than 70% of charge.
Steps to update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to XXUENG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat:
Here are the steps to update Galaxy Note 3 N900 to XXUENG3 Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware:
- Unzip Odin on your computer and install it.
- Unzip firmware zip file in the same folder as Odin.
- Switch your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 off and boot it in Download mode: press and hold Volume Down, Power and Home buttons together.
- Connect your phablet with computer. When connected successfully, you will get a message in Odin saying Added!!. (In case you don’t get it, try another USB port. If that doesn't help either, then re-install USB drivers).
- On your Odin, select files:
- lick on AP / PDA and select file with CODE in its name.
- Click on CP/Phone and select file with MODEM in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Click on PIT and select the .pit file - ignore if you didn't get any such file.
- Make sure to check Auto Reboot and F.Rest Time. Check Re-Partition only if you selected the .pit file.
- Click on Start to initiate the update process.
- When Android 4.4.2 update installation is successfully completed, you will get a PASS message.
- Once you see the home screen, you can disconnect your Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and reboot it.