The new unofficial Fallout 4 DLC ‘The Machine and Her’ quest mod packs hours of new gameplay with over 6000 lines of dialogue and various story outcomes.
Created by modder ‘NikaCola’, this unofficial DLC-sized quest mod for Fallout 4 adds a brand-new content to Bethesda’s post-apocalyptic game. The mod revolves around Kit – an all-new companion with a custom-built affinity system. We’ve included the mod’s key features down below alongside a video and some screenshots.
Fallout 4 DLC ‘The Machine and Her’ Quest mod key features
- Kit is a fully-voiced companion with custom-built affinity system that links into vanilla game events/conversations, as well as the events of The Machine, And Her.
- She comes with improved and customizable AI/Combat abilities that can be changed on the fly.
- She can hack terminals *and* pick locks, though she will need practice to become capable of cracking higher-level security.
- Kit's lockpicking and hacking abilities have been streamlined to make them much more user friendly and intuitive: Simply walk up to a locked terminal or door, and select the option to have Kit attempt to hack or lockpick--that's all! No more having to talk to your companion *before* you can tell them what you want them to do.
- Kit's Radio", a custom menu item that controls all of Kit's various settings and features, and also moves her instantly to your location. Add it to your favorites for quick access!
- At the conclusion of Kit's story, you may be able to choose a very powerful perk
- Over 6,000 lines of dialogue, including companion lines and story content from a variety of new characters
- Brand new radio station featuring over 50 lore-appropriate tracks, and a fully voiced DJ
- Multiple story outcomes, depending on your choices
The DLC quest mod can be downloaded via Nexusmods here. Fallout 4 is available globally now.