Bethesda: Official Ultrawide Support and Increased Stash Size Coming to Fallout 76, Unlike FOV Slider
As with any online game still in beta, Fallout 76 has its own share of issues that have been reported by the community. With the final Fallout 76 beta test due tomorrow from 2 PM Eastern Time to 8 PM Eastern Time, the official Bethesda Game Studios Reddit account posted a thread addressing the studio's stance on some of the most prominent problems.
The good news is that the developers have confirmed official Ultrawide support and increased stash size (one of the biggest complaints) will make it into the game. However, the FOV (Field of View) slider won't, and yesterday's update locked the ability to manually edit it via the game's .ini file on PC.
- Ultra-Wide Support: We will support 21:9 post launch. Once available, or shortly before, we’ll be sure to post our patch notes that let you know when to expect it.
- Larger Stash Size: We’ve seen this one come up a lot and understand the frustration. While the Stash size at 400 weight limit can get easier to deal with over time, we do plan on increasing it in the future.
- Push-to-Talk: While we aim to create a consistent experience no matter what platform you’re on, we understand that some of you on PC would like the option for Push-to-Talk. Our goal with voice chat being on by default is to highlight that the world is alive with real people, other players like you. We like to start with encouraging player interaction and will look into adding this in the future.
- FOV Slider: We haven’t supported FOV sliders in our previous games as it is known to break a lot of animations and causes a lot of clipping to occur onscreen. You do have the option to zoom out in third person on PC by holding View and moving the mousewheel, but we won’t be able to have it for first person view.
- Exploits of Various Types: Many exploits we’ve seen reported have been known and will be addressed in a future update.
- Issues with social menu and inviting friends/making teams/etc.: Those who were experiencing issues with the social components will find that many of these issues have been fixed. We will continue to fix issues as they arise as fast as we’re able to, so keep letting us know when you run into them.
- Hunger not being sated: Some were saying their “Hunger bar” wouldn’t replenish no matter how much they ate or how cleared of diseases they were. This issue has been addressed and will be in a future update so no more hungry dwellers.
- Loud Gunshot/Noises: The issue of players hearing sudden random gunshot/loud sounds around Appalachia will be addressed in a future update near launch.
We also just got our first look at the real world pricing for Fallout 76 Atoms, the in-game currency used to unlock cosmetic items. Fallout 76 is out November 14th on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter