Ubisoft Announces ATOMEGA, A New Online Multiplayer FPS
Ubisoft sent out a surprising press release to announce ATOMEGA, a new online multiplayer first-person shooter due to launch on Steam next week.
Developed by Reflections, it was created in the same "small incubator" used for Grow Home and Grow Up.
Grow, fight, collect and evade in the last cosmic arena the very end of time. Acquire MASS to evolve your EXOFORM from the nimble ATOM to the godlike OMEGA and compete for fun and dominance in a fast-paced, multiplayer shooter. ATOMEGA™ !
It is the very end of time. Reality dissolves like cotton candy in a puddle and all that exists are EXOFORMS, super advanced post-biological lifeforms; masters of matter and energy and the last, distant relative to man and machine. As the laws of physics slowly repeal the EXOFORMS fight for fun and dominance, replaying the final moments of the universe over and over in the last arena that will ever exist.
- 1st person retro-arena shooter. FIGHT LIKE IT’S THE END OF TIME!
- A single arena on the brink of destruction. MASTER YOUR LAST MOMENTS!
- Compete online with up to 8 players. COMPETE FOR GLORY!
- Collect Mass to evolve through 7 EXOFORMs from nimble ATOM to godlike
- OMEGA each with different strengths, weaknesses and tactical advantages. BIGGER IS BETTER!
- Sustain OMEGA form to dominate the arena. YOU ARE LIKE UNTO A GOD!
- Collect 10 HACKS to temporally boost your abilities. WHAT IS EVEN HAPPENING!
ATOMEGA will launch on PC on September 19th, but it's hard to imagine it won't be available on consoles at a later time. Meanwhile, check out the announcement trailer below.