Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is currently available on Steam via its Early Access program and Frozenbyte Games has released a new content update that introduces new levels and various gameplay improvements. Frozenbyte released a new trailer for Trine 3 which can be viewed below:
The new update for Trine 3: The Artifacts of Power is 1.8GB in size, adds optimizations for various PC configurations, including battery mode for laptops. It also adds a new story level and a new challenge level.
The changelog for the update can be viewed below:
- Patch size will be about 1.8 GB due to rebuilded data (optimizations) and due to new content
- Added more optimizations
- Added optimizations when game is run on laptop and in battery mode (Game will reduce shader quality and enables 30 FPS cap when battery mode is detected)
- Fixed some crashes in co-op gameplay
- Fixed rare crash issues which happened to various users
- Added different colors for player characters when playing Tutorial and Unlimited Mode (also affects local co-op)
- Fixed some online multiplayer issues in all levels
- Added “The Astral Academy” story level!
- Added “Challenge #3″ level!
- Fixed and tweaked lots of small gameplay issues in “The Three Heroes” level
- Fixed and tweaked lots of small gameplay issues in “Academy Outskirts” level
- Fixed and tweaked lots of small gameplay issues in “Themepark” level
- Fixed and tweaked lots of small gameplay issues in “Challenge” levels
- Fixed and tweaked lots of small gameplay issues in “Concept 01″ and “Public Editor Example” levels
- Added new player re-spawn system and spirits (still a bit work in progress!)
- Added Mouse Wheel support for Amadeus (Wizard) levitation (object moves in depth)
- Fixed Zoya (Thief) bow shooting on kb+mouse (no more automatic arrow release)
- Fixed bunch of small issues for all player character skills
- Tweaked logic for various player character skills
Save & Load
- Added automatic saving system
- Added new effects to various gameplay elements
- Added new audio effects to various gameplay elements and levels
- Added new console into game (F8)
- Added Ctrl+v support for the console
- Added missing localizations for English
- Added “Complete Astral Academy” achievement
- Added “Collect all shards from Astral Academy” achievement
- Fixed issue where new editor install might delete your level save files if installed to old editor install folder
- When reporting bugs, please always state game’s version number and build number. Check the version number from game’s main menu.
List of Known Issues
- Online Multiplayer doesn’t have sound if Voice Chat is enabled. You can disable it from %appdata%/Trine3/options.txt (more info on Steam community forums)
- Public Editor might have issues if you try to install new version into old versions install folder (also hundreds of pop ups might appear).