How to Transfer Your Contacts from iPhone to Android – Three Options to Get it Done
Transferring contacts between two Android phones is a cakewalk, and same goes for performing the drill between two iPhones. However, transfer of contacts between an Android and iOS phone is not an easy task. We often see queries from readers regarding the process of transferring contacts from their Android phone to an iPhone or vice versa. In this guide, we will enlighten you about the process that you need to follow to transfer your contacts from an iPhone to Android smartphone.
There are three options that you can choose for completing the process. All the methods are explained so that you can get your work done quickly. Choose any one option and start transferring contacts.
Option 1: Using Google account for syncing contacts
You must have a Google account synced to your Android phone. All you need to do now is open your Google account on both your Android and iPhone smartphones. After opening it, follow these steps:
- On your iPhone, go to “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” in the Settings menu
- Now, tap on “Add Account” button and select the "Google" option
- Enter your Gmail login details (choose the Gmail account synced to your Android phone)
- iPhone will ask you to sync items from Gmail account
- Select "Contacts" from the list and start the process
- To check the progress of sync process, go to Google contacts website on your desktop and check the list of contacts
- Now, open contacts on your Android phone and check if all the contacts have been retrieved
If you have a lot of contacts, then this process could take some time. Make sure you are using a stable internet connection to get this done.
Option 2: Transferring via iCloud
For users who have iCloud enabled on their iPhone, this method will make things easier for you. To move contacts via iCloud, follow these steps:
Creating Contacts vCard on iCloud
- Open “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” in the Settings menu on your iPhone
- Select “Accounts” and then select “iCloud” from the list
- Now, turn on “Contacts” in the list of iCloud items
- You will now get a message to "Merge" - select it
- After the process is completed, head to icloud.com on your desktop and log into your Apple ID
- Open “Contacts” after logging in and click on the wheel icon placed in the lower-left corner and now choose “Select All.”
- Now, click on the wheel icon again and select “Export vCard.”
- Save it on your desktop
Merging iCloud's Contact vCard with Gmail on Android
- Open gmail.com on desktop and click on Mail option given at the top left corner > select "Contacts" from the drop-down list
- Now click on “More” and select “Import” then "Choose File."
- Upload the iCloud Contacts vCard that you saved earlier
- Gmail will then start importing the contacts from vCard
- After the process gets completed, click on “Find & Merge Duplicates” button under "More" in Contacts tab - it will delete duplicate contacts
Options 3: Transfer Contacts using iTunes
This option is for those who have contacts stored locally or are using other e-mail accounts than Gmail. You can transfer contacts via iTuned on your desktop. Follow these steps to get it done:
- Connect iPhone to desktop and open iTunes
- Now, select “iPhone” in the upper left corner on iTunes
- Open Info tab and tick-mark the box in front of “Sync Contacts with.”
- Choose “Google Contacts” from the drop-down list
- Enter your Gmail information when asked
- After the process completes, open your Android device and check your contacts list
We hope this guide helps you in successfully transferring your contacts from an iPhone to an Android phone. There are also many other ways to do this task, but the options mentioned above are the easiest and most expeditious.