Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege Will Be Powered By Havok FX, New 4K Screenshots & Trailer
Havok FX is a flexible effects solution for high performance particle physics and debris simulation. Ubisoft is one of the first publishers to announce their support of this new technology through their adoption of Havok FX within Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege.
SIMPLIFIED DEBRIS AND PARTICLE SIMULATION
Havok FX powers physical effects that bridge the gap between accurate rigidbody simulation and purely visual effects forging a new class of in-game effects experience.
FASTEST COLLISION DETECTION AVAILABLE
Havok FX provides a highly parallelizable collision detection system powering a new order of magnitude of particle and debris bodies.
LIGHTWEIGHT C++ FRAMEWORK
Easily integrate Havok FX with existing particle systems and quickly tap a range of existing effects or quickly customize to bring unique physically driven effects in-game.
INTEGRATION WITH HAVOK PHYSICS
Direct integration with the newly re-architected Havok Physics.
Mark Besner, Lead Programmer at Ubisoft Montreal, said:
“Havok FX brought all we needed to push the realism of Realblast, our procedural destruction engine, to a whole new level. With each explosion you see debris, shrapnel and fragments all flying through the environment and reacting dynamically, making each assault even more tense and realistic.”
Brian Waddle Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Havok added:
“Havok FX isn’t just a software package; it’s technology that takes advantage of the step-up from the previous console platforms toward the incredible power of next-gen hardware. This was the perfect opportunity to roll up our sleeves and collaborate with the Rainbow Six Siege team to demonstrate the ability and power of Havok FX. This incredible title showcases the future of particle physics and debris effects on CPU, and we believe the industry as a whole will demand the same high level of fidelity by leveraging Havok FX in future games. Once consumers see Rainbow Six Siege in action, gamers are going to demand this level of quality and immersion from the games industry.”
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege offers a new approach to the first-person shooter experience
Rainbow Six Siege is an exciting, new approach to the first-person shooter experience that puts tactical combat and masterful destruction at the center of the action. Lead your team of unique, counter-terrorist Rainbow operators through tense and thrilling combat scenarios, and achieve victory through smart preparation and strategic improvisation. Rainbow Six Siege will be available on Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC this fall 2015.
- THE RULES OF SIEGE: Five versus Five. Attack versus Defend. Infiltrate versus Fortify. Team-based strategy meets intense, tactical combat.
- WORLD'S ELITE COUNTER-TERRORIST OPERATORS: Choose your Operator and wield their unique ability to breach or defend the objective as a part of an elite team.
- DESTRUCTION AS A TOOL: Walls can be shattered; floors and ceilings can be breached. Mastering the tactical use of destruction is the key to victory.
- CLOSE-QUARTERS COMBAT: With tight spaces shaping all combat arenas, tense encounters and up-close-and-personal firefights abound within every Siege.
Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege will have a big presence at E3 2015
Ubisoft confirmed that it will be showcasing new content from three of its titles at E3 2015 later this month. The Ubisoft E3 2015 Conference will take place on June 15, while the company will share its lineup at the Ubisoft booth from June 16 – 18 and extend the invitation to fans at the Uplay Lounge.
Ubisoft’s full E3 lineup, including hands-on demos of the following games:
- Assassin’s Creed Syndicate: Set in London during the height of the Industrial Revolution, players will step into the shoes of twin Master Assassins, Jacob and Evie Frye. Fighting to liberate London, Jacob and Evie help define the birth of organised crime in an adventure filled with action, intrigue and brutal combat.
- Tom Clancy’s The Division: In this immersive online open-world action RPG, players will team up with other Division agents to reclaim New York City from the chaos of a deadly pandemic.
- Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege: Inspired by the reality of counter terrorist operatives across the world, Rainbow Six Siege invites players to master the art of destruction. Intense close quarter confrontations, high lethality, tactics, team play, and tension are at the center of the experience.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter