Use The New TinyUmbrella beta To Save SHSH Blobs For Your iOS Device – How To
TinyUmbrella is a tool developed by Semaphore also known as notcom, that enables users to save SHSH blobs by which you can downgrade your iOS to the previous versions. Recently, a new beta version has been released for TinyUmbrella, for the iOS version 8.1.3 and 8.2. Roll down to some of the important details before we tell you how to save the SHSH blobs.
Apple only enables you to restore to the latest version of iOS so you cannot downgrade and get a jailbreak status using the TaiG and PPJailbreak programs. The vulnerable elements that Apple stopped to sign are the SHSH blobs which enable you to downgrade your iOS to previous versions. TinyUmbrella allowed users to save their SHSH blobs while the firmware is signed. This can be used to bridge the pre-signed version's IPSW file from tools like Redns0w, which enables you to restore device with a version of iOS that Apple stopped signing. Hence, Apple closed all doors that allowed users to use SHSH blobs and jailbreak by downgrading their iOS version. The results are you cannot restore or downgrade to 6.x or above. The only exceptions are iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS and the 4G iPod Touch.
Download TinyUmbrella Beta To Save SHSH Blobs
However, there's good news for all jailbreakers out there. iH8sn0w discovered anew vulnerability which is relevant to the SHSH blobs. iH8sn0w is the developer of Poixspwn and Sn0wbreeze jailbreak tools which indicates that it is still possible to downgrade your current iOS version with SHSH blobs. Use TinyUmbrella to save SHSH blobs by instructions provided below:
- Use this LINK to download the latest version of TinyUmbrella. Its available on both Windows and Mac platforms. Click the download link which is situated under Downloads/Links on the right sidebar.
- This version of TinyUmbrella required Java to be installed, so get to it if you dont have it already. Click HERE to directly install it n your system.
- Open TinyUmbrella.
- Next, you must connect your iPhone or any iOS device to the computer. Your device will be detected by TinyUmbrella and the SHSH blobs will be downloaded automatically.
That's the end to downloading your SHSH blobs for your iOS device.
Answers to FAQ's
- TinyUmbrella will download only those SHSH blob files which are currently being signed by Apple like SHSH blob files for iOS 8.1.3 and 8.2. So by any chance if you're running iOS 8.1.2, there wont be any SHSH blob file downloads.
- The downloaded SHSH blob files will be saved to this location: ~/.tu/.shsh. To see if the downloaded files have been saved in the same folder, do check it.
- The SHSH blobs will be saved in one single file unlike miscellaneous files in the previous versions.
- SHSH blobs have three types: Erase (restore), Update (restore) and OTA. We assume all of these have different types of actions.
- There is a record of known devices in TinyUmbrella which is stored in: ~/.tu/.known_devices. To clear history, delete the file in this folder.
- Currently, you will not be able to downgrade. There was a bullish reaction by Semaphore when asked about the ability to downgrade in the coming years. Stick to the updates for more on this.
- Using SHSH blobs of another iOS device is prohibited. Every SHSH blobs are meant for that device alone and cannot be used universally.
That's all there is to downgrading your iOS for now using TinyUmbrella. For more on this do stick to more news and updates. If you have any other question, drop it in the comments below.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter