The Escapists 2 Revealed with Multiplayer, Release Set in 2017
Team17 and Mouldy Toof took the stage at TwitchCon 2016 to reveal The Escapists 2, sequel to the indie smash hit of 2015 (which sold about 1.8 million units so far).
Here’s a list of The Escapists 2 features:
- Multiplayer – In a first for the series, The Escapists 2 offers drop-in/drop-out play offering both split screen and online play for up to four players in both co-op and versus modes
- New ways to escape – Tie together knotted sheets and use them to climb down high windows in our new multi-level prisons and other new ways to make a break for freedom!
- New items to craft – Build yourself a homemade taser to knock out guards plus many more!
- New combat system – A completely revamped combat system featuring new lock-on targeting and blocking systems plus light and heavy attacks
- New graphical style – A brand new look immerses players in a deeper, richer world while maintaining that unique The Escapists style
- More character customisation – New customisation options let players tweak their avatar to a whole new level. Play as a girl! Go bald! Sport a mullet! The choice is yours
- More things to do – Join a band! Learn to paint! The Escapists 2 will offer more ways than ever to pass the time whilst incarcerated
Chris Davis, founder of Mouldy Toof Studios, said:
I’m thrilled to be working with my friends at Team17 again to bring this new chapter of The Escapists to life. The Escapists 2 takes everything the fans loved from the first game and adds in so many new additions and features on top. I can’t wait to see what the fans think.
Debbie Bestwick MBE, CEO of Team17, added:
One of my most anticipated features in The Escapists 2 is co-op for up to four players. Multiplayer was something we saw our incredible The Escapists community cry out for in the original game and something I’m so excited to see fully realised in the sequel, both local and online. As a player with quite a few prison escapes under my own belt I can’t wait to work together with my friends on escapes.
The Escapists 2 will be available in 2017 for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.