Skyrim Special Edition Update 1.3 Improves Stability & Performance Alongside Better 144hz Support
Bethesda has made Skyrim Special Edition Update 1.3 available via Steam as a Beta update. The update improves stability and performance and provides better support for 144hz screens.
At the moment of writing, the Skyrim remastered patch is only available as a beta update via Steam, and the game won’t be automatically updated. Those interested will have to manually select the beta update in the game’s properties in the Steam library. Down below you’ll find download instructions.
Check out the release note for Skyrim Special Edition update 1.3 below.
- General stability and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue where Slow Time effects weren't behaving properly
- Better support for 144hz displays
How to access the Steam Beta
- Log into Steam.
- Right Click on Skyrim Special Edition in your Library.
- Select Properties.
- Select Betas.
- A drop down menu will appear. Select Beta.
- Select OK.
- Wait a few minutes for game to update.
- When done, Skyrim Special Edition [Beta] should appear in our Library.
Skyrim Special Edition is available now for PC, Xbox One, and PS4. The 1.3 update will be made available for the public later on.