Sci-fi Action RPG ELEX Now Has A Steam Page
ELEX was demonstrated for the first time during Gamescom 2015, and is being developed by Gothic developer Piranha Bytes. The developer has teamed up with publisher Nordic Games to release the game for PC, PS4 and Xbox One in early 2017, according to the Steam page; this will be the most ambitious project ever made by Piranha Bytes.
Here's a list of the main features you can expect to find in the game:
- Completely seamless Open World experience without borders and loading zones for the ultimate exploration experience
- Vertical Exploration: Use the jetpack to reach any place in the game world
- Simulated game world where everything reacts to the players actions and provides for an authentic atmosphere
- Highly interconnected quest system that support true player choices
- Tactical and challenging combat system for close and ranged combat
- Universe set in a post apocalyptic science fantasy universe that combines the most interesting aspects of all genres
There's also a handy description which explains a little of the backstory.
ELEX is a handcrafted action role-playing experience from the award-winning creators of the Gothic series, set in a brand new post-apocalyptic Science Fantasy universe that puts players into a huge seamless game world full of original characters, mutated creatures, deep moral choices and powerful action.
In ELEX, you join the war over a powerful resource that gives people great magic-like powers, but turns them into indifferent cold creatures. You decide if emotions and humaneness or cold synthetic logic will rule the world of Magalan.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter