How to Save Your Live Instagram Video on iPhone or Android
Here's a complete step by step tutorial on how to save your live Instagram video straight to your iPhone or Android device.
Save Your Live Instagram Video and Relive the Moment Later on
Instagram rolled out a cool new update just yesterday, allowing users to save their live Instagram video straight onto their device once they are done streaming. Due to privacy concerns, the feature was not available before. Now though, things have changed, and we will show our readers how they can jump straight into action.
1. Launch the Instagram app from your home screen.
2. Swipe right on the main screen to jump into the Share on Instagram page. You will be required to give the app camera and microphone access if you haven't already.
3. Now tap on the LIVE button at the bottom of the display. Once you are set, start your live video by tapping on Start Live Video.
4. Once you are done with your live video, tap on End at the top right hand corner, then select End Live Video.
5. Now you will be presented with a screen showing how many viewers you had during the live video. At this screen, you will see a Save button at the top right hand corner. Just tap on that and the video will be saved to your device's gallery.
Wasn't that simple?
This is an extremely useful addition to Instagram if you are a regular live video streamer. But keep one thing in mind: while you may be able to save the live video straight onto your device, but the data associated with it such as comments, likes etc. won't be saved. You only get the video bit of the entire package once you hit that save button. It's not a deal breaker, but something that should be made clear right away.
If you haven't already, it's best to give this feature a shot right away. And while you are at it, let us know in the comments section below what you think about it.
Stay in the loop
GET A DAILY DIGEST OF LATEST TECHNOLOGY NEWS
Straight to your inbox
Subscribe to our newsletter