Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OCJuly 2019
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC Thermal Tests
No graphics card review is complete without evaluating its temperatures and thermal load. The GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Gaming OC series is fitted with the most advanced version of the Windforce cooling design. The latest Windforce 3X cooler features a massive heatsink with multiple heat pipes which extend beyond the aluminum fin-based design that lead towards the incredibly dense heatsink block. The card comes with PWM cooling and an anti-bending plate that keeps the card sturdy and durable in the harshest environments inside your PC.
Note – We tested load with Kombuster which is known as a ‘power virus’ and can permanently damage the hardware. Use such software at your own risk!
Gigabyte has one of the more solid custom graphics card offerings with a sleek triple-fan cooler, fully custom PCB design and more performance than their existing RTX 2080 Gaming OC for a lower price point. For $739.99 US, the RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC delivers Supercharged performance and a recommendation from us.
- Utilizes Fastest GDDR6 Memory In Production
- Decent performance uplift from the same price
- Great performance at 1440p and 4K resolution
- Great upgrade from GTX 1080 and GTX 1070
- Factory Overclocked Out of Box
- Windforce heatsink cooling performance is great
- Refreshing new Gigabyte Gaming design
- Active FanTechnology Included on Triple Fan with Alternate Spinning mode
- Great overclocking potential (GPU/VRAM), full tuning options
- Backplate includes heat pads for increased heat dissipation
- Gigabyte RGB Fusion Technology Support WIth LEDs on the side
- Support for real-time ray tracing and DLSS features in next-generation gaming titles
- Good driver support for GeForce products, compatibility with DX11, DX12, Vulkan, OpenGL titles
- Lot's of display connectivity, great for VR and multi-display PCs.
- High Price ($739.99 US)
- High Power Consumption when overclocked
- No Memory overclock out of the box