Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OCJuly 2019
Gigabyte GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC Benchmarks (VULKAN)
In 2016, Id finally released DOOM. My testing wouldn’t be complete without including this title. All cards were capable of delivering ample frame rates at the 1440p resolution using Nightmare settings, so my focus turned to 4K.
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus
Wolfenstein is back in The New Colossus and features the most fast-paced, gory and brutal FPS action ever! The game once again puts us back in the Nazi-controlled world as BJ Blazkowicz. Set during an alternate future where Nazis won the World War, the game shows that it can be fun and can be brutal to the player and to the enemy too. Powering the new title is once again, id Tech 6 which is much acclaimed after the success that DOOM has become. In a way, ID has regained their glorious FPS roots and are slaying with every new title.
Ultra HQ-AF, Vulkan, Async Compute On *if available, Deferred Rendering and GPU culling off
We tested the game at Ultra settings under the Vulkan API which is standard. Async Compute was enabled for graphics cards that support it while deferred rendering and GPU culling were disabled.
Gigabyte has one of the more solid custom graphics card offerings with a sleek triple-fan cooler, fully custom PCB design and more performance than their existing RTX 2080 Gaming OC for a lower price point. For $739.99 US, the RTX 2080 SUPER Gaming OC delivers Supercharged performance and a recommendation from us.
- Utilizes Fastest GDDR6 Memory In Production
- Decent performance uplift from the same price
- Great performance at 1440p and 4K resolution
- Great upgrade from GTX 1080 and GTX 1070
- Factory Overclocked Out of Box
- Windforce heatsink cooling performance is great
- Refreshing new Gigabyte Gaming design
- Active FanTechnology Included on Triple Fan with Alternate Spinning mode
- Great overclocking potential (GPU/VRAM), full tuning options
- Backplate includes heat pads for increased heat dissipation
- Gigabyte RGB Fusion Technology Support WIth LEDs on the side
- Support for real-time ray tracing and DLSS features in next-generation gaming titles
- Good driver support for GeForce products, compatibility with DX11, DX12, Vulkan, OpenGL titles
- Lot's of display connectivity, great for VR and multi-display PCs.
- High Price ($739.99 US)
- High Power Consumption when overclocked
- No Memory overclock out of the box